S1-50 Series One review by Blackstar

Blackstar: S1-50 Series One

I tested it with few different guitars / pickups. Tried Strat, Tele, Ibanez, LTD with all kind of pickups like Duncans, EMG's. And basically it can't SOUND BAD, just different types of sound. It can do ANY kind of music from cleanest clean up to any kind of brutal metal. I think I can say its almost noiseless, even on hi gain and no matter how loud you r it still provides exactly what it should without any unwanted noise/hum/buzzing etc etc. It's veeeery versatile, I'm not going to go into ISF thingy since there's already a lot of demos on this. Btw I play this through "Blackstar HTV-112 1x12 Celestion loaded cabinet", and I must say that this cab is also GREAT. At first I was sceptic about this Celestion since I like V30 but this work just as fine (I tested V30 also, just to be clear).

So whatever kind of music you play, I think this will meet your requirements in any way. I'm extremely happy with this thing so far and I'm not planing to change it for a loooooooooong time (well maybe after looong time I change it for 200w version).

As I said in the beginning I use it for 2 months now so I can't say much about reliability but I can say that is very well made, very solid construction (also looks awesome!).

Bought it new. (Writing this review after using it for about 2 months). - 4 channels, footswitch ofc. Nice thing with this (it didn't work that way on my previous amp) is that when you plug footswitch it doesn't take over control over channels completely but you can still use channel switching on head itself, which is nice while you r shaping tone. - effect loop, works great (I use it for solo boosting with Boss EQ) - some ppl might QQ for not having reverb, personally even if there were reverb I'd never use it and spoil GREAT RAW sound of this thing

JagerSlushy
    damn, if this isn't one of the worst reviews I've ever read. are you twelve?
    Greatdude49
    Got to admit though, could have been the dudes first review. Trial and error. It's certainly better than any of my fail attempts at a review. In the end it's down to the staff at UG to judge whether or not the review should go up.