Alchemist 1X12 review by Bogner

Bogner: Alchemist 1X12

I have a Gibson Les Paul Standard, and I mostly play metal, and jazz for school. The amp is alot louder than you think but can also let you submerge yourself into The Music. The alchemist uses Vintage speakers that provide excellent tone, that can fit all tones, modern or Vintage. The delay in the amp also helps make the distorted channel more overall emotional, wheather that emotion is epic, sad, exciting, etc. This guitar works well with all tones, and when i first plugged my gutiar in, I said, This is GODLY!

This amp is perfect for me, it provides an excellent tone, and never dissapoints me, I find that this is one of the best and most verstitle amps out there.

I've never really had any problems with this amp, the tubes do get worn through pretty fast, but thats it.

The Bogner Alchemist is an incredible guitar with many features. There are 2 channels, Mercury and Gold, (Mercury is clean and Gold is distortion), along with the option to play with 40W or 20W, 20W Having a more compressed tone, which I don't like very much. The Gold Channel Can have great metal tones, along with Removing punch which takes out the power and can make good rock songs, The Mercury channel can play clean (a great jazz tone) or crunch (very Vintage blues feel on 40W) and overall the amp is good for all genres. The amp although a tube amp has built in Delay, and Reverb, You can change how many repeats are in Delay, along with how much reverb or delay you want. This Amp comes with a complimentary footpedal that lets you change between mercury and gold channels, along with activating boost, Delay and reverb. Overall The amp has many features I use often and many I use occasionally, but all of them are very strong and useful.

BeethovensBust
    So many errors in this review... 1. It's an amp, not a guitar. 2. The Mercury channel is the distortion and the Gold channel is clean/crunch.
    Deep*Kick
    SeanX3187 wrote: pretty cool amp. i'm not sure if i'd want to pay that much for a small, low powered amp though. although, Fender amps have been getting pretty expensive too so this doesn't look like such a bad deal. great review.
    40W is not low powered. Plus if you play any shows where you would ever need more than 30W there is bound to be a PA system.
    steel337
    I love my Alchemist except I have the massive 2x12 version. It has amazing blues sounds. Just amazing. Distortion is very three dimensional and is very responsive to pick attack and pot volume. It's just great.
    SeanX3187
    scaleboy12
    Should i get this or a Orange tiny terror combo? This is more versatile, but the orange is Class A.
    oh_angel
    i got this amp a couple months ago. it takes a bit to find a heavy sound with a (non woofy)bottom end but it sounds amazing! i got one in my double head case. (talking about the head, not the combo of course. i use a marshall vintage modern cab on top and a 1960b cab on bottom. the clean channel is very smooth. very KSE like.