Metropolis review by Bogner

Bogner: Metropolis

Purchased from: Bogner Amplication

I'm currently using my Bogner Metropolis with a Crafter Cruiser RX700 with stock pickups and the tone is inexplicable. Busting out Atrificial harmonics to just shredding it up, this amp can take it and magnify it. Sadly, this amp doesn't have distortion so I use a Danelectro Black Coffee Metal Distortion pedal and it sounds extremly crunchy and brutal. Noisy? of course, it IS an Amp. Although, If you put all the settings to max, you'll get some horrible feedback.

I've played metal for about two years and had this amp for just a little over one. Before that I used Peavey, I'm never going back. I wish I would of asked the capabilities before buying this, because it more then exceeded my expectations. I love everything except the lack of it's own distortion. My favorite feature is definatly the crunchy treble. I'd definatly buy this again if I lost it. If someone stole it, I'd rip off their head. I'd recommend this amp to anyone who can afford it. It will not let you down.

I'd depend on this amp with no backup. Even if I was Kirk Hammett playing infront of 80,000 people. It's never broken down and could be hit by a truck and still work perfectly. I love using it and it takes up 85% of my guitar time (about 6 hours a day). Next to perfect amplifier.

The Bogner Metropolis is one of the greatest amps In existance. I play metal/metalcore, and the tone is absolutly amazing. The single channel, EL-84 Tube design is perfect and compact compared to most amps around today. The 60-pound amp is Featuring: gain, bass, treble, middle, volume and presence control knobs and a schizo five position gain structure switch, this makes it able to create any sound you could possibly want. I use this amp jamming with my friends, alone or at a gig. And It's never let me down. Amazing amplifier.

Logan_B
    Wow....if this was way down there i would look at it again lol....Hey Seth can you reccomend some other amps for me that are good within a 200- 500 range....Im tryin to get an Avenged Sevenfold or Alter Bridge sound these days....and Bogners arent cheap!! I use an Ibanez GRG170Dx with Light Top Heavy Bottom D'Addarios'
    Seth Shadows
    tom_martin_123
    The^Unforgiven
    tom_martin_123 wrote: Seth Shadows wrote: Vox's Valvetroniz 50watt tube amp has tone very similar to the bogner style. They usually sell for about $500 used and come with a load of effects. If youre not looking to spend that much, you wont get their tone. But Try a peavey bandit 112. Excellent amp. Vox valvetronix isn't a tube amp. It's solid state, thats why it's cheap. The bandit is solid state too. They aren't even close to the Bogner.
    It's not solid state, either, as the preamp is digital and the power amp is solid state with a single tube in it, so it's a hybrid.