Metropolis Review

manufacturer: Bogner date: 09/19/2007 category: Guitar Amplifiers

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Bogner: Metropolis
Metropolis features a single channel circuit that responds to every nuance of your attack and shift of the guitars controls. When coupled with our optional specially designed combo or extension speaker cabinet the result is incredible projection and richness that must be experienced to be believed.
 9.2
 9.8
 8.5
 2,064
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
Metropolis Reviewed by: Seth Shadows, on september 19, 2007

Purchased from: Bogner Amplication

Features: The Bogner Metropolis is one of the greatest amps In existance. I play metal/metalcore, and the tone is absolutly amazing. The single channel, EL-84 Tube design is perfect and compact compared to most amps around today. The 60-pound amp is Featuring: gain, bass, treble, middle, volume and presence control knobs and a schizo five position gain structure switch, this makes it able to create any sound you could possibly want. I use this amp jamming with my friends, alone or at a gig. And It's never let me down. Amazing amplifier. // 9

Sound: I'm currently using my Bogner Metropolis with a Crafter Cruiser RX700 with stock pickups and the tone is inexplicable. Busting out Atrificial harmonics to just shredding it up, this amp can take it and magnify it. Sadly, this amp doesn't have distortion so I use a Danelectro Black Coffee Metal Distortion pedal and it sounds extremly crunchy and brutal. Noisy? of course, it IS an Amp. Although, If you put all the settings to max, you'll get some horrible feedback. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I'd depend on this amp with no backup. Even if I was Kirk Hammett playing infront of 80,000 people. It's never broken down and could be hit by a truck and still work perfectly. I love using it and it takes up 85% of my guitar time (about 6 hours a day). Next to perfect amplifier. // 10

Overall Impression: I've played metal for about two years and had this amp for just a little over one. Before that I used Peavey, I'm never going back. I wish I would of asked the capabilities before buying this, because it more then exceeded my expectations. I love everything except the lack of it's own distortion. My favorite feature is definatly the crunchy treble. I'd definatly buy this again if I lost it. If someone stole it, I'd rip off their head. I'd recommend this amp to anyone who can afford it. It will not let you down. // 10

Comments