X-10 review by Brand X

Brand X: X-10

Purchased from: Long&Mcquade

Iv'e got a Jackson JS30KE and my sister's got a Squier Bullet that I sometimes use. the Jackson sounds better through it, but it's also a better guitar. This thing is fairly loud for the size of it. Since I've never gigged it and I'm currently not in a band, I rarely turn it up louder than a quarter of the way up because like I said, its pretty loud for a tiny thing. The sound quality isn't the best, but its not worth complaining about for 75 bucks. It doesn't sound horrible, though. The distortion isn't bad, but you can't adjust it and it gets annoying sometimes because of this. the sound on distortion breaks up a bit at higher volumes, but I don't usually have to have it up that loud anyway.

It was the first amp I got, and I would reccomend this to anyone who is just starting out or is on a tight budget. If it was stolen or lost, I would probably buy a bigger amp. I don't really love anything about it, and the only thing I don't like is you can't adjust the distortion level. The sound quality is overall good for $75, and I was surprized how loud it can get. Its a great first amp, just because of it's simplicity and low cost.

I'd never gig this, just because of the fact that it's a 0 Watt practice amp. It's never broken, and it seems pretty sturdy. It has a metal grill or whatever you want to call it covering the speaker, which is nice cause you wouldn't be able to kick through it without steel toe boots or a broken toe. It seems reliable but I wouldn't trust it to a gig.

Not many features here, volume, 2-way EQ, an overdrive switch, and and on/off button. Easy to use, but as you could exspect, you can't adjust it too much to get the perfect sound you want, but its not that exspensive and is good for a first or practice amp. 8 because of it's simplicity and begginer user friendlyness.

jabber025
    i say, great for 75 bucks but if you want to start well get at least a simple peavey or fender amp that with double the price you get 5 times the performance and quality
    mn_guitarist00
    I don't know about that little amp... The thing don't even look like it can get the job done... I would just think about staying with a fender amp instead...