Greatest Hits review by The Offspring

The Offspring: Greatest Hits
  • Released: Jun 21, 2005

First off let me start this by saying I love The Offspring. I've been waiting a long time for this even if it is mostly already heard stuff. The new song Can't Repeat is really good. Definately The Offspring sound. All the tracks have been digitally remastered in Dolby Digital and sound better than ever. 13 Old songs and Can't Repeat make for a good album.

The lyrics are great and a lot of them are good to relate to. The music and lyrics go along really good. Dexter's voice is so awesome and he can hit some really high notes. Noodles and Greg provide some good back vocals. Lyrics are just so kick ass though. A song for pretty much any mood you're in.

It may not be the best Greatest Hits collection but it's certainly good. I think they should've included all of their singles and maybe another new song or at least a cover. But still a really nice collection with Can't Repeat in the mix. Some of the best songs would have to be Gotta Get Away or The Kids Aren't Alright. Really nice punk sound to both those songs and really good lyrics. This also comes in a DualDisc format with a DVD side. It includes all the songs in Dolby Digital. Also it has a behind the songs segment where Dexter and Noodles talk about the songs. Also, is an acoustic version of Dirty Magic from Ignition. Very good makeover in my opinion. If this got stolen I'd definately get it again and then I'd beat the hell out of whoever stole it and have 2 copies. I suggest you guys go out and get this now.