1990 review by Bugera

Bugera: 1990

Purchased from: guitar center

I use an American made Fender strat but it's very hot rodded, it has black knobs, black pickgaurd, black pickup covers, and a Seymour Duncan distortion humbucker at the bridge. My guitar with my amp and nothing else fits anything my band does perfectly which is any punk or alternative rock. It is pretty noisy in small rooms but that's because i have the volume on the gain channel at 6 and the gain is maxed out. It is pretty feedback-y at time but thats part of a punk rock tone which is what I need. The tone though is the best tone for punk rock you will ever hear. This amp can play more then just what I do though, it's clean as any Fender amp and as gain drenched as any mesa rectifier amp and any point inbetween. The clean channel gets crunchy after the volume goes past 5 but I don't use the clean channel. And now to the real topic this amp: the gain channel. This channel can do any type of rock and metal. The gain is so heavy yet clear at the same time. with the gain maxed out I can clearly hear all notes of a full open chord. It is just orgasmic.

I play alternative rock and punk rock and this is a perfect match for me. Even my bands lead guitarist is considering getting a Bugera now after hearing mine. I have been playing for as little over 2 years and I own my custom hotrodded strat, this head, a Line 6 cabinet, a pedal tuner, and high quality cabled to connect everything. I had no questions before buying and I still don't. It's straight forward, to the point and will fit any need. It it were lost or stolen I would buy a new one in a heartbeat. I love everything about this amp, only down side is it's heavy but meh I deal with it. I compared this side by side to a JCM900 which is the amp its copying and it sounds exactly similar. This amp has everything I will ever need. I suggest everyone try one out.

I can always depend on this. I would gig with this head any day of the week. The only thing bad about the amp is the footswitch crapped out at the one month mark but it doesn't really matter to me. It can take any use, high volume, low volume, 4 hours plus of constant use. ANYTHING.

I do not know what year this amp made in but thats not very important to me, as long as it works and sounds good. I play punk rock, and alternative rock.. This amp can do those perfectly. This amp has two channels, a clean channel and a distortion channel. It has channel switching by footswitch but it crapped out early on but that doesn't bother me because i just use the gain channel then use my volume control on my guitar for clean or distortion. It has an effects loop but I don't use effects pedal, the only pedal I use is a tuner. It may not have a headphone jack but I don't need that. Theres no features that I need that this amp doesn't have. I use this amp for practicing at home, band practices and gigs. This amp is more then enough power, I just put the gain channel on 6 and play. Oh and did I mention it sounds just like the JCM900 and i can buy two of these for one of those? It's a steal.