333 review by Bugera

• Reviewer's score: 4.5 Poor
Bugera: 333

Purchased from: SamAsh

I used mine with a Schecter hellraiser outfitted with 81/89 emgs. It suited my style of melodic metal mostly. If you crank the gain past 4 on the lead channel you start getting that annoying hum. The clean channel the only worth while thing. it's worth it just to buy it for that channel. The clean doesn't really get distorted till WAY loud. Distortion isn't brutal at all. it's just loud.

I liked the sound. I can't lie about that. About 2 years now. I used it with an array of Boss and MXR pedals. I wouldn't care if it got stolen since I would know that it would stop working. I hate that it died on me after a week. Bugera needs to get their quality control... under control. I'm glad it had a warranty, that's about it. Overall it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I wouldn't ever use this amp again. Twice in a row I had tube/fuse/whatever failures. People have complained about what I've said on these forums stating that all you need to do is replace the tubes/speakers/fuse/everything in order to get a dependable amp. I say that if I spend almost 700 dollars on something it should work for more than a week. Sadly I cannot say that it performed more than 10 hours of service before dying on me. Twice, one I returned because it blew a fuse the second I turned it on and the second died without any warning about a day ago.

Amp was made in 2008 in china. The amp was versatile. It went from a very nice clean to an old school over driven tube sound. 3 channels, clean crunch and lead. Lead is just the crunch channel with more lead. It had a nice effects loop and a fairly decent line out. 4, 8, 16 ohm selector with the possibility to use two cabs. I kept the master volume at.5 anything louder would be too loud.