333 review by Bugera

Bugera: 333

Purchased from: Musicians Emporium

I play through this on an ESP LTD EC-1000 with EMG 81s/60s. It suits my metal playing style perfectly, the heavy chunk is prevalent, the harmonics are screaming, and the pick response sounds amazing. This this has amazing amounts of gain, and it's amazing how easily you can change your tone with the EQ. Even just on the lead channel, you can go from Amon Amarth distortion to EVH crunch with the change of the EQ and Gain, or just rolling back the volume on your guitar. The crunch channel is awesome for rythm guitar or blues/rock (GnR and the likes). The clean channel sounds really good up to a certain volume, and then it starts to break up a little, but I found that if I leave my guitars volume around 7, the sound stays clean at much higher volumes.

Overall, this amp was exactly what I was looking for. I needed an affordable metal amp with a badass tone, and this is exactly what I got. If your looking to play strictly blues or reggae, this amp may not be perfect for you, but it certainly will work. I have been playing for 2 years, and I own an ESP LTD EC-1000, a DigiTech RP250 multi effects pedal, a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Dunlop Original Crybaby, and an Epiphone Les Paul Custom. I love this amps distortion, it just takes the cake. And the picking dynamics always sound amazing, pinch harmonics are a breeze! I would compare this to a Mesa Boogie rectifier, and it certainly stacks up. If you want to play metal, this amp was made for you. If it were stolen, I would buy it again in a second.

I've only had it for 4 months, but no problems yet. I don't plan on having to change the tubes for a couple more months. I don't have much info on how reliable it is yet, but it seems to be working like a tank.

The Bugera 33 is a 120w tube amp with great versatility. I play in a heavy metal band, but also really love playing blues and even reggae. This amp can do it all. It has 3 channels, all with independent EQ and volume, a master volume, and reverb. It also has a fx loop with indep. send/recieve levels. It also comes with a 4 way footswitch(lead/crunch/clean/fx loop on). I use this amp for band practice, as well as on stage. It is **ckn loud! This thing has way more than enough power. I have it hooked up to 2 mesa cabs (yes, this amp has stereo output) and I couldnt ask for a better tone, especially for the price.

minchew
    I tried this today and didn't really care for it. I took my PRS with me, and the clean tones were great, but distortion was lacking. I'm going to take my Schecter with EMGs next time and try it again.
    joey arce
    Talking about achieve the british tone vs american tone, then just go checkout a blackstar. There overdrives and some of the amps have an isf control (infinite shape frequency) whcih allows you to change teh shape of the wave.
    Deanwings79
    ok sesstreets said that he had the volume on ".5" it's a tube amp, it has to be pushed higher volume for a better sound, for a guitar center or sam ash you can get away with at most a 3 on the master for a 120 watt tube amp, but half of a notch won't give a good sound on any tubed amp.
    smudgertom
    i am looking between the bugera 333, 333xl and 6262. any opinions on what i should get. i wanna do some more research this time i seem to be an impulsive buyer when it comes to guitar stuff.
    Me 2