333 review by Bugera

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
Bugera: 333

Purchased from: Ebay Dealer

This amp has one of the nicest sounding clean channels I've heard on an amp. It's sparkling and has a nice jangle to it. It's a good clean channel to run pedals through, which is nice, cause you're gonna need pedals to get a decent distortion out of this thing. The crunch and lead channels are completely disappointing. After teasing me with a beautiful clean channel, I switched over to the crunch channel to find that it was lacking in any sort of "balls". I came to the same conclusion about the lead channel after fiddling with the settings for a while. Now, this amp has PLENTY of gain on tap. I'm sure you've read that before. The problem is, that's all the channels offer. You wind up with your gain channels being totally fuzzy without any character or low end to speak of. They were practically unusable for me. I'll give it a 3, cause only 1/3 of the channels were any good for ANY style. Unless your style involves tinny, fuzzy gain.

To be honest, I wouldn't recommend this amp unless you plan on using only the clean channel. It just doesn't have the headroom and versatility you'd expect from a tube amp. From what I hear, this amp is meant to be a Peavery Triple X clone. I own a Triple X now, and this amp is NOTHING like the Triple X. If it were stolen, I'd feel bad for the sucker who is stuck with it now. If you're looking to buy this amp, I'd recommend you check out the 333XL, which SUPPOSEDLY has a Switch to make the tone ballsier than the plain 333. Or you could skip the copy and go buy an actual used Triple X (which is built like a tank, I might add) for about the same price of a new 333. But really, you can buy much better amps for the price of the 333. Skip this one, guys.

I only owned it for about a month, so I can't really comment on this. I've heard that other people have had trouble with it breaking down on them, but I have no experience with it. The only issue I had was that the grille and knobs were all made of plastic, so I doubt they'd survive any sort of fall. Then again, if you drop your tube amp, the grille and knobs are the least of your worries.

This amp was purchased brand new from an Ebay dealer. It has 3 channels, an FX loop, and onboard reverb. The reverb is nice to have, but nothing spectacular. It gets the job done as far as onboard reverb goes. Mine came stock with Bugera 6L6 tubes. It has 120 watts, which will effectively demolish a small building if turned up all the way.