333XL-212 review by Bugera

Bugera: 333XL-212

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Sound is bone crushing. I use a crappy Schecter 006 Deluxe, but before I bought it I played it with an ESP LTD EC-1000 and it screamed. Fits every style well, rock and metal just seem like they have to be played on this amp. Like I said before, it just screams. It's really not noisy (no "white noise" at least). Clean channel stays clean up until way louder than it will ever need to be. You'd have to set both volumes on ten to get it to distort at all. Distortion is crazy. Like I've said before, I have never heard better gain on an amp this cheap.

This amp is a great match towards almost any style of music really. I've only been playing for about a year, and don't own much gear at all. Check my profile if you want to see all my stuff. There isn't really much hidden with this amp, so far it's holding up really well. If it were stolen or lost I'd probably replace it, unless I had money for a hot-rodded Marshall. If I was on a budget I'd call the store ASAP to make sure they had one and ask them to hold it for me. I love the three channels, plus the tone and high gain. I hate that it's too loud for home practice really, but you can buy something to solve that. My favorite feature is probably the high/low gain inputs. They make a huge difference, and make the amp very versatile. I compared it to the 100w and 50w Peavey VK, and it totally blew them away. Cleans were better, and this has more gain on level 2 than the VK does on 10. Just an all around amazing amp, for an even better price. The only thing I wish is that it had a headphone jack. That's about it, and that's not too important.

I would gig this without a backup, it's heavy as hell and I can't see it breaking without someone TRYING to break it. I suppose if other people are handling your equipment then I'd bring a backup, but if it's just you then no, going without a backup is going to be fine. Only time amp has screwed up on me is when I tried to put headphones into the output jack. That was my fault. I just shut it off, let it cool down, started back up and all was fine!

Amp was made in 2008 I believe, but cannot be sure. I'm assuming it was because Bugera is a pretty new company. With 3 channels (comes with footswitch, also an effects loop), this thing can play just about anything. And I mean anything. I play in my schools jazz band, and I get a great thick tone out of it with my Schecter 006. I play metal in my personal time, and this thing has gain out the ass! The only thing I've played with more gain than this are a Krank Krankenstine and a Marshall 2203KK. Both are over $2,500. If you're on a budget, this thing is great. I use just about everything on this amp, except for the XL Switch on the crunch and lead channels. They're hardly any boost at all. I use this amp both at home, and when I play concerts. Because it's so loud, you really can't turn it up at home, but when you do (or atleast when I do) I can't help but get a big ass grin on my face. Awesome tone. I love the high/low gain input jacks. More power than I need really. Only things I wish it had were a better noise gate (it does the job, it's just not really. Well, natural.) and a headphone jack. Other than that, I couldn't be happier.

enselmis
    its worth it dude, i only have praise for it, the cleans are way better than any other amp even close to this price, the only tube amp with considerably better cleans is a carvin watchamacallit(forgot the name)
    dropCownage16
    I stayed away from these things. I went down to my local music store cause it said on their site they carried it. When i got there the owner who i know personally said he wasn't a dealer. When he looked up who made them he found out they were made be behringer. I don't know if anyone cares but since there weren't around for me to test i said not taking a chance. I would also pay the extra money for a used mesa or used krank anyways.
    A-Ro
    This amp reminds me of a Carvin V3 but, here's great demo of the amp:
    keavader
    mongo_man wrote: is it so that have both the EL34 and 6L6 tubes, and you can press a buttom to choose between them? or do you have to buy the 6L6 tubes?
    You have to buy the 6L6s, take out the EL34s, flick the switch, install the 6L6s. Haven't played it yet, they don't have any at my GC yet, which is really disappointing. I've been waiting for one since Behringer announced it.
    |Heretic|
    question. Is this 120 watts tube rms(as normal companies measure) or is it 120 watts tube peak (as behringer measure, as behringer handle the distribution in the UK)
    mongo_man
    DDoug
    Dimebag Bill wrote: Which would be better for metal, this or a 5150? Which ones more versatile?
    This one is definitely more versatile. The 5150's cleans are dreadful, but you can get some great clean tones out of the Bugera. Also, the 5150 is too much of a mid-focused amp for me, I could never find any settings that weren't all mids. It's all a matter of what you like, though. You really need to hear them for yourself.
    mongo_man
    I haven't played on a Dual Recto, but I really don't think that this amp beats a Mesa / Boogie!
    mafropetee wrote: I've played a Dual Recto and I would honestly say the Bugera sounds better. But I didn't spend much time dialing in the Recto.
    edusty2010
    Bletic wrote: anyone know if this could compete with my volume ***** drummer or my friend's 6505+?
    If the 6505 is a combo then it will probably be a lot louder, if it's a stack you'll still def be heard. And this thing blows a drummer away on 5 haha. It's seriously crazy loud.
    Bletic
    edusty2010
    Dethonator wrote: edusty2010(2nd reviewer)'s amp stopped working.. He called Bugera, but nothing is happening. They might have poor customer survice.
    I'm in the process of getting a return code, and they're going to ship me a new one ASAP. Glad to say the customer service has been nothing but excellent! And filthylittleboy I haven't tried the head and cab, but I'd assume so. As to where to find a retailer I have no idea, maybe get one shipped to Canada?
    filthylittleboy
    Can some one PM me with instructions on getting one? or at least a retailer name??? Canada officially sucks does the combo have as much gain as the head and cab?
    Dethonator
    Siro78
    I'll be buying this after Christmas, went to the music store and took an LTD with EMG 81's and plugged it into this amp. I spent some time on the clean channel, dialed in a pristine clean fender tone on the neck pos. So I turned on the Overdrive w/ XL off, dialed in a Randy Rhoads tone. Then I went for a Vai sound and got it after a couple minutes fiddling. Then I tuned to DGCFAD and got the most brutal tone, if you can I'd suggest you try this amp in a shop, try different types of genres to see if its versatile enough as YOUR playing.