333XL review by Bugera

Bugera: 333XL

Purchased from: Ebay

I play thru a 92 Gibson les paul. I play metal more specifically death metal. I think this amp can pretty do anything, I think it shines pretty bright in the metal department however, and it can reallllly heavy, and brutal. The lead channel likes to give you some feedback when not playing, otherwise when your playing all the notes are heard, and have a nice break up. The feedback though is caused by the massive amounts of gain I like to use:). The clean channel is silent and I get a nice cobain sound out of it.

This amp is great for the price, it can do pretty much anything. I've been playing for 7 years now and it was my first tube amp. And I can say that it definately gets the job done, and does it well. Obvisouly theres going to be better amos out there. Definately did not look back after buying it. Infact in it's price range you can't beat it, hands down. If it ever got lost or stolen I'd probally get a 6505 or a 6262 just because I don't use all the features it comes with. However all said and done I love this amp. If your looking at amps and this one of them buy it.

People always talk about bugeras being unreliabile amps, and I've never had any problems with it. Start up and go everytime. The only problems I've had with are my power tubes going bad, but that happens to all amps. A piece of the high gain input fell off, nothing a little glue couldnt fix though.

I believe this amp was made in 2006? shortly after Bugera fixed the fuse that would cause fires. 3 channels, lead, cruch, and clean I use lead 90% of the time used the crunch channel about twice occaionaly use the clean channel 6l6's tubes would be nice but the 34's get it done. This amp is great for the price, I'm a metal musician 90% of the time, and the gain on it is pretty sick. It took some tweaking to dial in the right tone for me, but when I found it I was impressed. The cleans on it are decent, I'm not much of a clean player so I never really cared, when I do play cleans I get a nice kurt cobain sounding clean. I use this amp for everything, recording, live, and practice, in fact it's currently the only amp I own. It has built in reverb which is a nice feature, I use it seldomely but I when I use it, it gets the job done, nothing amazing but not terrible. In addition to the built in reverb it has a noise gate as well. I have the noise gate at about 12 oclock all the time, and honestly it does'nt make a big difference at all. The amp likes to "hiss" or "hum" no matter what setting the noise gate is on. In all honestly it is a poor noise gate but what can you expect from a built in noise gate on a 600 dollar(new) amp?

intotheend
    The newer Bugera 333Xl's have pretty much been totally de-bugged, they're awesome, someone needs to review the Bugera 333XL Infinium.
    sanitarium1
    rzemon wrote: These amps are produced by Behringer, probably the worst ever guitar electronics manufacturer. I've played this head and it's weak as hell. I wouldn't recomend it to anybody.
    Thanks for the in-depth review there. MAYBE I could get behind this point of view if there was more actual reasoning behind it rather than "it's weak as hell". I don't give 2 shits about what company makes it or where it comes from, and as long as it gets the sound people want then that's whats important, so your comment is of little help.
    XxGitaristaxX
    Obviously, not a lot of poeple have checked out the Bugera 333xl Infinium...these amps needs some recognition asthey sound badass...without you having to drain your hard earned money...Best for value & sound.
    IronMaiden76
    Im gonna get this and keep my frontman as a backup... when i can afford a peavey butcher the bugera'll be the backup
    martinbg
    I own both Bugera 333xl and a Mesa Single Rectifier. I can tell you the mesa just blows the bugera away, you just need a boost pedal like the OD808! The bugera is too bright.