6260 review by Bugera

Bugera: 6260

I'm using a LTD EX-401 with EMG 81/60. I usually play Metallica, but I'm also into more classic like Dire straits. It took me some time to get the a sound I like. I like some high sounds like Master Of Puppets on the lead channel, and I must say that I think it's sounds awesome. It produces very little noise which is good for some riffs I play. I don't want to much feedback. Also solo's sound pretty good, with a bit of reverb or something. Because it isn't noisy you can do some pretty good soloing too. The problem that I'm finding is that there is only one EQ. So when I play clean songs I definitely need to change the EQ, or you won't hear the lower strings. But when I change the EQ the distorted parts do not sound so good to me. I must say, maybe a better cab would solve this problem for a bit. Never used the crunch because it's get too loud and I don't want to change the volume all the time.

I play at bedroom level and this amps suits me pretty good. The solid state before doesn't stand a chance against this one. Love the distortion it makes pretty good and noisless. The first time I played with a friend when after a while it was warmed-up I was blown away. The lead was just amazing. Also like the clean with reverb. With the chorus pedal it sounds even better. Nice clean sounds. The only thing I don't like about this amp is that there's only one EQ. Never thought it would bug me before. But now I would definitely get the 262 which has an EQ per channel. I'm very pleased with this amp. Pretty good as my first tube amp. Let it warm-up and it will blow you away.

Never had a problem with it, but I haven't had this amp for long time. It's seems pretty solid though. I use it about every day and nothing's wrong with it. Let it warm-up a couple of minutes and then start playing. I think dropping it would still do harm, so just don't do that. I don't have to take it around and I don't think it will fall for itself.

Behringer Bugera 260 Top 120 Watt All-Tube head with 2 Channels. Features: 120 Watt, 4x6L6 Poweramp tubes (optional usage with EL34, ) 5x12AX7 Preamp tubes. 2 Channels, 3 Sound-Modes: Clean, Crunch & Lead. Reverb, Equalizer Section with Bass, Middle, Treble & Presence.

DaMarsbarPerson
    DrakeSkyle
    DaMarsbarPerson wrote: superfish1232 wrote: they do make a version like that, its the 6262 but sadly its just too much to be worth it Nah... They're different amps really, just both modelled off peaveys, hence why they both begin 626... The 6262 is modelled off a peavey 6505, and the 6260 is modelled off the 5150 which was originally modelled off a Soldano SLO, so 2 pretty different amps... Nice reviews though guys, so glad you didn't give everything a 10
    Actually the 6260 is a 6505 clone while the 6262 is a 6505+ clone. The 6260 has slightly more gain than the 6262 but lacks the extra preamp tube and eq for the cleans. the 6262 still has plenty of gain to spare though, and if you're very picky with cleans, you might want the 6262. a tad bit more expensive. but anyway, yeah good review.
    gp5395
    IcariumTheLost wrote: I'm eyeing this head and cab out seeing as how I can't afford a Boogie. I was at Guitarworld.com and watched the video review and it sounds great. Now I just have to convince the wife to let me buy it. WHIPPED!! Thanks for the review!