6260 review by Bugera

Bugera: 6260

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I play thrash/death metal and I have more than enough gain at 6 on the lead. The reason I suggested the eq pedal is because it lacks in bottom end... But I'm sure an MXR 108 can solve that with ease. I play a B.C. Rich Exclusive with an Invader in the Bridge and a SH-2n Jazz in the neck position. And inbetween I'm running an ISP Decimator. Oh and I love the amount of headroom this amp has.

I'd recommend to go for the Infinium model. Cause I believe the regular one is only switchable from 6L6 tubes to EL34 power tubes. The Infinium circuit auto biases each tube and compensates for mismatched tubes. So those who do not care for the 6L6 or EL34, can very easily throw in some 6550's or 6V6's or a combination of them. The only thing that bothers me is that there is not enough low/bottom end on it. But that can be dealt with.

Seems to be built very well. But only time will tell. It has replaced my Peavey Valveking which has failed me. As aforesaid I have the Infinium model so Bugera claims that I don't have to worry about my tubes every year. They claim I can go ten years without a replacement but I've only had the amp for a few months so.

120 watt high gain Valve amp, impedance switch, effects loop. This amp has an extreme amount of gain. Too much than what I know what to do with. Its a two channel amp but the clean has two modes and basically all it is, is one tone with various stages of gain cascaded on top of it. I would recommend an eq pedal along with a good noise reducer to get rid of that hiss that comes naturally out of high gain amps. It has only one 3 band eq with a master presence and reverb. The footswitch allows you to control reverb, fx loop, and channels along with the second mode on the clean by hitting the clean twice. Comes stock with Bugera tubes which I was not to fond of. But since I have the Infinium model, any tone can be found by the tube types. Comes with 4 power tubes and 5 12AX7's.

ztovski
    I have the V55 (y 2009) and 6260 (y2010); have owned fender and marshall , I have to say the bugera's are fine amps. In the 6260 I've put a 12ay7 te reduce the gain on the clean channnel, but i't didn't resolve the noise, if want to play clean I play the v55 grtz