6262-212 review by Bugera

Bugera: 6262-212

Purchased from: Local Music Store

I run humbuckers through it and couldn't be happier with the sound. Clean is crystal and lead is nasty (in a good way!). Like any tube you gotta lay into the volume and open it wide open. Crank it up to receive the best quality of sound. But low levels are efficient too, but the real colors of this amp start to show about 5 or higher. Running pedals through can prove tricky, mostly I'd advice to run them in the clean channel; however it proves to produce some wicked sounds if you can balance pedals on the lead channel. Wahs or phasers have no problems in the lead channel, but distortion pedals cause bad feed-back. Electric acoustics prove no difficulty, minimal feed-back. Play on clean though; distortion will produce high pitched squeals and other undesired feed-back sounds. The only reason this amp isn't a 10 is because of feed back issues. Probably just me, but hopefully you'll have better luck **I highly advise a compressor/sound suppressor to reduce feed-back. Play to the sides or behind the amp to reduce feed-back**

All and all it's a monster of an amp. The actual price of these is about $700; I bought mine cheaper because the store was making space for new merchandise. However I would have paid the $700 asking price if I had to do it again. It's worth the price. It versatile and sounds fantastic. As previously mentioned, a compressor/noise suppressor is recommended just because the power this thing puts out. In the end, it is a wicked amp with a "roar of a Kodiak bear".

Well it's a tube. So flinging it in the back of your pickup truck and flying 80 mph down a dirt road isn't advised. It's breakable, not fine china breakable. More like porcelain bowl breakable. The structure itself is durable but the tubes are what you need to watch. Just take care. As far as maintenance, just don't leave the amp on for hours on end unused and that'll take you far. I keep 1 spare tube in case something goes down; nothing has yet to be damaged. Very reliable, very consistent.

Alright so in a nut shell it is the "6262" model with two 12 inch speakers. It still has all the function and ability of the "6262" head, meaning you can throw a cabinet or two if you're feeling the need for some extra beef. It sports 4 x 6L6 tubes and pumps out 120 watts of juice. The preamp is powered by 6 x 12AX7 tubes. The Bugera site says it was made for 80's metal. That truly limits its potential. It is a very versatile amp; capable of taking just about anything you throw at it. I play everything, but I really love the sound I get when playing heavy metal. It has two channels; Clean and Lead. Lead is perfect for your distortion needs, standard settings; gain, highs, mids, lows, and volume. Clean has the same as mentioned with a few more bells and whistles. A "Bright" setting, which really brings out mids and highs for those dark sounding pickups and low drop tunings. Then a "Crunch" setting, this one is like purgatory. It's a balance between some high gain lead and a crystal clean. At the far end of the amp you have a stand-by feature (Heats tubes, while not in use) and a presence and reverb for both the clean and lead channels. One sweet feature that Bugera throws in is the footswitch; it gives quick access to the lead and clean channels. But it also can toggle on or off the reverb or turn on any effect pedals you may have plugged in. It's simple and functional.

Tokki Wartooth
    So you run a distortion pedal on the lead channel? Nice goin'
    tffan92
    I love this amp. Had it for 2 years. It's big and loud and can deliver all your distortion needs while retaining clarity and tone. I run the lead channel volume to 2 and it blasts the rest of my band mates away. The distortion has that 80's metal feel which I adore and clean channel sounds heavenly.
    Vatussi
    I have a Bugera 333 212 and an ESP with active picups. The sound... When you combine Bugera and EMG you have the ultimate metal-sound...
    The^Unforgiven
    I've had this amp for 3 years now, and I'm still in love with it. I do run an EQ pedal in the FX loop, which truly increases the possibilities, and makes it sound just very big and tight. Never had any problems with it, either, so not everything that's made in China is bad.
    Boer Goat
    So you run a distortion pedal on the lead channel?
    Seth Shadows
    Boer Goat wrote: So you run a distortion pedal on the lead channel? Yes, the Boss "Metal Core" or Digtech "Death Metal." If you can layer them just right it really adds some spice and variety to the run-of-the-mill stock distortion.
    Right. No. That's awful unless you have a Boss Noise Supressor/Compressor.
    Maidenheadsteve
    Can you footswitch to the crunch channel? And if so, does it share the EQ with the lead or clean channel?
    S.Troy
    Does anybody know if this is any good apart from Metal? I found a dirt cheap one within my budget second hand but to be honest I'd never play metal. I play a lot of indie rock and clean stuff. Basically a Vox or Fender type tone I'm looking for.
    dwjohnson001
    Can anyone make some suggestions for retubing one of these? Mine sounds awful with the Bugera tubes but I have heard some that sound outstanding. I have only about 3 hours of use on this and it just sounds flat no matter how I attempt to dial it in. I have some decent guitars that I have run through this such as Gibson SG Standard and Gibson Les Pauls but they all sound flat. My other amps include a Blackstar HT60, Marshall DSL100, Bugera V22, Fender Blues Deluxe and Bugera 1990 and nothing sounds as flat and lifeless as this.