The Black Parade review by My Chemical Romance

My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade
  • Released: Oct 24, 2006
  • Users' score: 8.2 (1,207 votes)

Now, My chemical romance are one of - in my opinion - the "new wave" of rock music, (along with Black Veil Bride, All Time Low, Asking Alexandria) and as a result has a lot to live up to, does this album do it? Ehhh, maybe, but it shows great potential for the new rockers, there sound is strange alternative Rock sound, with bits of punk mixed in, its kinda hard to describe in words exactly, but listening to it explains itself.

The lyrics are casual rock, with at times depressive lyrics, but nonetheless good, the singers main problem is - while not really his fault - everyone trys to mimic him, the similarities between most bands nowadays is very unoriginal, but the lyrics to "Black Parade" the soong is sad when I was a youngboy my father took me in to the city... Its sad but then turns into a high speed pop/rock song, with great guitars.

Overall? Best album I've heard in a while, but not perfect, some songs are lacking seriously, but some are amazing, its terribly acquired taste, unfortunately but give it a chance and you will love it, with its guitars and excellent drumming, you would be mad not too, welcome to "The Black Parade" and teenagers, are the top pics here but you should definitely buy this album you wont regret it.