6262 review by Bugera

Bugera: 6262

Purchased from: Zzounds.com

I use a LTD EX351-D with a 81 85 EMG pickup configuration. I have also just purchased a LTD EC-1000 Deluxe. Emgs paired with this amp is like Batman meeting up with jesus to fight crime. I have never heard such a perfect tone for under $1000. I play rock music such as Anberlin, There For Tomorrow, Funeral For A Friend and so on, and I also Play metal/Hardcore such as A Day To Remember, August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying... basically breakdown central haha, and this head spoon feeds these genres with mind blowing tones for less then half the price of a 505. The cleans stay gorgeous at any volume, and the distortion is never muddy.

All in all, I feel like getting a Bugera was a smart move. You get what a 505 can't do, distortion equal to or better then the 505 and a whole lot of room to dial in your perfect sound. For my type of music, this head is the best fit. If this head were to go missing, or get stolen, I'd def buy another one. Like I said before, I love the fact that the clean channel is gorgeous, and I love the independent reverb. The fact that you can play rhythm, then go into a solo and hit that reverb button just makes me happier than a little kid on christmas. It's only going to be a matter of time before Bugera blows up, and everyone has one. If you're looking at a high priced hi gain amp such as a mesa or Peavey, give Bugera a shot. They don't disappoint!

This head actually just blew out 3 months after I got it, but I love the sound so much, I'll let my warranty cover the repair, so I'll basically have a new head ready to go! The only problem is you need to make sure you register with Bugera as soon as you get this head. I contacted them about repair, and they just told me I have to contact Behringer (Since Bugera is a sub company of Behringer). Customer service is very nice, easy to deal with and it seems like they actually care about your needs as a musician.

The 262 I purchased was a Brand New factory re-sealed head. I chose Bugera because as a former 505+ owner, I needed an amp that could deliver that hi gain punch, but would cater to my need for gorgeous clean tones. It's no secret the 505 doesn't do cleans too well so after a good bit of research, I decided to go with Bugera. It has a clean/crunch channel and a lead channel. Both channels have independent controllable reverb that can be turned on or off via the footswitch. It really doesn't take long at all to dial in a perfect show ready arsenal of tones. The lead channel is pretty much the same as the 505 (4 6L6s, and 6 12AX7s) but the clean is where this head really stands out. The footswitch has 4 buttons. Clean, Lead, Reverb, and Effects Loop. It's very simple but very effective. This amp has power on tap, and it will suit anybody's style.

Mr. Tomnus
    has anyone played on the bugera 1960? its a marshall plexi copy and i wanna know if theyr any good
    Lr-Mtb
    So is this too loud for bedroom use? And how much beter is the head compares to the Combo?
    GuernZila
    the head and combo are goma be the sam and this thing will be hela loud in ur bedroom u will probly want an atenuator. besides the point... youcould probly pick up a 5150 of ebay for the same price as this and probly have somthing alot more reliable seince that seems to be the problem with these amps