6262 review by Bugera

Bugera: 6262

Purchased from: Digital Village

I use a LP copy (300, not brilliant) but it produces some really nice tones throughout. Clean is very crisp and warm, depending on how its dialled in, and the EQ on the clean channel is particularly responsive. The bright Switch adds some top end to both the clean and crunch channel (not lead), and makes for some nice jangly tones. Crunch channel (to be hypercritical) can be a little muddy at times and when you try to add mids for a nice Vintage tone it muffles up a little, but otherwise is a good sound. Lead channel is amazing. Brilliant crisp lead tones, perfect for any hard rock through the hardest of metal. Presence and mids can be exchanged depending on your need (good metal tones with low mids, nice Vintage DS with lots). No excess buzz at all, plenty loud enough for gigs, I play pubs and clubs and I never have it past 4 at most.

I play mostly Rock through thrash metal, and with a quick twist of dials, it changes its mask and suits perfectly every time. Very versatile for the price, you'd be hard pushed to find a better tube amp for the price. I compared it to the 33 (which has the fx loop level controls useful for solos) but it has a far richer tone (the 33 is probably a little better without mids and going for a Mesa Boogie sound, as opposed to the richness of the 262). I urge anyone wishing to buy a bargain tube amp (for this IS a BARGAIN! ) to try one out and hear for themselves.

I've had it for 4 months and (despite initial teething problems and breakdowns) they seem to have got it right as i haven't had any initial problems whatsoever. I practice at home in a large room with it for about an hour a day, and have had the biasing and tube condition checked recently as a check-up to make sure there were no hiccups. In fine condition according to the tech. I gig with it now and again without backup, and hasn't failed, cut out, blown up, melted, crashed, froze or anything.

2 channel (clean/crunch and Lead) with individual 3 band EQ, reverb, presence, gain and volume. Bright Switch on the clean channel is very good. FX loop accessible from foot Switch (along with the reverb and the 2 channels), but disappointed there is no fx loop level controls like the 33, but apart from that, simple, accessible layout.

cleggems
    sweetgyy
    I've just discovered Bugera amps last weeks and I couldn't believe how affordable it is. I spent almost a whole day at a big guitar store testing a bunch of amps but the best one I tested was a valve Peavey, but just as I was about to leave I saw this Bugera 6262 combo, it blew my mind!!! I think I like it better than a Marshall! it has all the positive qualities wanted in a tube amp plus more and reasonably priced too , so my my mind is set on Bugera products now and I'll soon will own a part of a real "valve magic" amp!
    WarriorArtist94
    cleggems wrote: the only problem i have with this amp is that the crunch channel does not have enough gain to fulfil a rythym channel for anything heavier than blues/rock. The lead channel is fantastic but it leaves you no-where to go for a solo boost (i.e volume) I use a distortion box through the effects loop to boost the volume but then i lose that sweet tone!!
    i don't own this amp, i'm about to jump on the bandwagon of wanting one after these reviews, but i read somewhere that if you aren't using the effects loop you can make it function as a volume booster. May just be bull but i thought i'd let ya know
    WarriorArtist94
    By the way... Anyone who owns this amp- i saw the prices for the 412-bk cab and it's pretty low so i wondered, is it a bad cab or is it the same story as the head, just a sick price? Thanks.