6262 review by Bugera

Bugera: 6262

Purchased from: thomann.de

I use a Gibson Les Paul Studio with Seymour Duncan ahb-3 blackouts in drop a, and a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser with EMG 81tw/89, and I play deathcore (bring me the horizon) oh my god this amp is killer, like I said it's 5150 basically, renowned for its low end, and its 400! I can total note articulation even in drop a, I did a gig the other day, medium sized I would say, I had the volume on 4, gain 7, bass 7, mid 3, treble 10 and presence 10, this thing is brutal, I got told to turn the volume down haha. But the thing that surprises me is that the clean channel even at gigging volumes and with active pickups, stay crystal clean, no distortion what'soever.

As I said I play deathcore, and this amp brutally murders the tone, so much bottom end, which is perfect for any kind of metal. I did a quick test before I bought it between a 6505 and this, it sounds identical, and the Bugera is less fizzy!

This is where the debate is, Bugera are known for their "reliability issues" when in actual fact 9/10 times its thee user fault, the cases I know are as stupid as leaving the amp on whilst changing guitar and turning standby on then power, I have had no problems with it for 2 years now and it has been gigged hard. I would definitely use it without a backup.

First of all, whoever says that Bugera fall apart can do one, had one for 3 years, nothing wrong, 5x 12ax7 4x 6l6, its basically a 5150 for 400 quid, very affordable for what you get, clean/crunch with bright switch and a lead channel, plus the 4 button footpedal that comes with to switch the channels, reverb on/off and fx loop on/off.

rv_phoenix
    I don't want to argue and I don't want to have my name added to the list of those who hate Bugera for no reasons. To me, the only issue with this amp (as with the 5150 itself) are its cleans. Too muddy, which limitates its use to music who needs heavy distortion. However I'm afraid Bugera is a lost cause not because of its products, but because of Behringer. It has such a bad reputation, than it's very doubtful Bugera will see its merits recognised too soon. Life isn't right sometimes.