6262 Infinium review by Bugera

Bugera: 6262 Infinium

Price paid: A$ 960

Purchased from: All music

I mostly use an EC Ltd Les Paul with a Duncan Distortion. I play metal/Metalcore, deathcore to the Red Hot Chillis to Hendrix and this amp nails all those tones with the right eq and guitar of course. For Metalcore and all the heavier genres I boost the lead channel with my Marshall Blues Breaker 2 and it's can get the direct sound of parkway drives tone witch blew me away considering what amps and stuff they use. Now with out the boost pedal it's still all out metal but with the od boost it really tightens up the bottom end and has a nice mid range growl I can imitate the guitar sound of most of my top Metalcore bands and I've found my perfect tone with this beast. The cleans are beautiful and really blew me away the first time I heard it. Now it's a quiet amp but when on the lead channel it has a tiny little hiss like all high gain amps do. A good quality noise gate will solve this.

For the music I play it's everything I've wanted in an amp I've been playing and searching for a good tone for 6 years now and I've got the metal tone I've always wanted with it. Now if this was stolen they better have a car or something because I'd like to see a thief run with it. She weighs a bit haha I own a few amps mostly practice amps and I've played through some expensive well known amps before and for the price you can't get better then a Bugera and if your considering buying a Peavey 6505 consider this baby before your spend all your money because this can do the 6505 sound but with a way better clean channel.

I can depend on this amp I've gigged with it many times it's been transported around a few places distances of 150 kilometers and more no problems now old Bugeras were full of problems but it seems they have ironed out all the bugs my guitarist in my band got the normal 6262 a year ago and has gigged with it allot last year no problems even got lots of compliments on our tone with these baby's I will be replacing the tubes in this because every one knows Bugera tubes are not the best I give it an 8 only because the cheap tubes.

Mine was made in 09. The Bugera 6262 Infinium all tube amp is directed to people on a budget that want the tube amp sound with out the major price tag it features 3 channels clean crunch and lead. A presence control, reverb, footswitch, effects loop. Which can be controlled via footswitch it also has a bright switch for the clean which really brightens up your tone great for ye old Strat sounds. I've got the Infinium model which supposedly pro longs tube life I've had it for about 5 months now and still strong I play metal/Metalcore deathcore It is a pretty versatile amp. Now it's lead channel is based on the work horse metal Amp the 6505 and trust me this can do the generic 6505 sounds and more even with the stock Bugera cab don't bag there cabs there not bad once you break the speakers in. It's got a nice metal tone and I've tricked a few people into thinking it was a 6505.

Minivirus2
    inb4ifyouwantyourhousetoburndown I got the 333XL Inf a while back and I'm loving it. Bugera seem to have sorted out their **** with the infinium line and hopefully it can turn a few more people in their direction. Some great amps at a great price.
    grungelive72
    Didn't the infinium stuff just come out? If so, then his couldn't have been made in '09 and be an infinium. And I think people are bagging on this just because it's a Bugera. I've heard that they've fixed most of their issues now - it's just the reputation that people can't seem to get over.
    Forbidden burn
    Forbidden burn
    Haha yeah your right I read the th date wrong it didn't just come out Its 11/ 09 they took a while to hit the market it's clearly an infinum it sez it on the front and it's got the led lights on the back
    dementiacaptain
    Forbidden burn wrote: Yeah I trust mine it's seems solid. If your looking for a tube swap kit eurotubes.com have bugera kits with better quality tubes for a good price. Always remember to put your amp on stand by after it's been played for a while to let the tubes cool off for about 3 mins longer if you want. And not to mention a 5 minute stand by period prior to turning on .
    Actually, leaving the amp on standby for prolonged periods of time can cause plate poisoning and be very damaging for the amp. Many reputable builders agree that 30 seconds is an adequate amount of time for the heaters in the tubes to warm up, and that cutting the amp off immediately is fine. The tubes don't need to "cool down", they will do that anyway, the only reason I would leave the bugera on standby is that if you cut it off immediately it causes a loud pop which is bad for the speakers. Most any other amp this isn't the case, but it is one of the corners that was cut during production to keep the price low. Still, awesome amps, loved mine while I had it.
    nugs187
    My 6262 infinium ended up blowing a fuse which in turn blew out the #3 tube, which in turn blew out a resistor. Bugera wanted me to pay shipping to have it looked at. O_O this thing weighs like 60lbs. I ended up taking it to a local amp tech, had to drop another 130 for repairs and 70 on tubes. But it seems to be fine now. It sounds great, but i think these heads are hit and miss. some have problems, and some don't. I am hoping that the tech solved the issues with it. This happened about 30 days after purchase. The tech did mention that these newer bugeras are built much better than the ones he had seen in the past. He recommended i go buy a mesa lol.