V22 review by Bugera

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Bugera: V22

I play the amp through a warmoth jazzmaster (maple and swamp ash) so its a fairly bright sounding guitar. The style of music I use it for is similar to manchester orchestra; very dynamic, very full sound. It is plenty loud enough for anything I've ever played. I rarely turn the master volume past a 4. I tend to not use the overdrive channel but the clean channel gets the intensity I need at the higher levels.

It is a great sounding amp. While I think I would prefer to have it as a separate head and cab unit for mobility sake, it is definitely a good amp to check out. I would recommend this amp with use of a backup just in case, but going all out alone may be a bit risky. It works well with my EHX Big Muff and Boss DD-20 and RV-5, the dynamic capabilities very much give my delay and reverb units a great place in it all.

There is the Achilles heel of Bugera amps however. My amp and many other owners have complained of an internal rattle that greatly affects the sound of the amp. It is very difficult to get to the tubes to check if they're loose, but the rattle is an internal part that seems to be a common issue. The Bugera site is also difficult with trouble shooting problems and do not provide any manual what'soever for the product.

The amp is as full sounding as an amp could possibly be. Its also super responsive. Without adjusting anything on the amp, just your playing you can get it to be ultra clean then strum a chord and it sounds like the world's about to come down. I use the amp for Indie shows and its plenty loud enough and diverse.

MT in Austin
    I've owned a V22 for about 15 months. I've had no trouble with it at all. I can't speak to the footswitch because I haven't used it other than to verify it was working. The amp sounds great clean and overdriven. It's not really a metal amp but it sounds great for Rock, Hard Rock and Blues. Even had a friend play some Jazz and Country on it. I am very happy with it. When I figure in the price I paid, I am ecstatic.
    nitestick
    I get the impression most of the negative comments about Bugera come from people who haven't owned one and are regurgitating old stuff they read from other people regarding the initial batch of amps which had issues (that were corrected). I have a refurbed 6262 and the only issue I *thought* I had with it was actually just that I'd left leads in the FX loop that weren't connected.
    ProgJazzMath
    For the price, these amps are phenomenal! But then again, the reliability is at an all time low for these. Even the higher end amps like the 6262 and the 333xl all breakdown at early times. I have a friend who has repaired his twice after having it a year. He has also fixed a few of his friends Bugera's too. They seem to bug out really often. They have great sound, but it comes at a price.