Pocket Rocket V2 Review

1,499
review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Pocket Rocket V2 Reviewed by: H, Omitted, on october 22, 2008

Purchased from: eBay

Features: This is the Pocket Rocket V2 headphone amp from C-Tech. It is switchable between amps depending on what kind of guitar pickups you have (red ideal for single coil and green ideal for humbuckers, though which you use is for personal preference). It has three different delay-based (delay, flanger, chorus)effects, three types of reverb (slapback, small room, hall), three cleans and three overdrive/distortion models based on different amplifiers(Marshall, Fender, Soldano)It has a set of headphones, a 1/8'' to 1/4'' headphone adapter, an 1/8'' audio cable and a cylinder to connect two 1/4'' cables together if needed. There is a manual to connect it to a computer, stereo system, effect pedal, or even a guitar pedal. One thing that may shy someone away is that it is powered by an external power source, a 9v batter. // 7

Sound: I've been using my Devlin guitar with it. Because of dorm regulations and size I can't bring my gear. It has different effects, but you can't combine a chorus and delay. It has to be one or the other. You can add a reverb style to it. The amp in my opinion sounds way too digital for my liking. Nothing can be adjusted so if I had the power I would bring all my gear. I'm giving it a three because some of the effects sound so digital that when they're mixed they sound wacky and godawful. // 3

Reliability & Durability: I use it for practice not for gigging, there is no way that will happen. The wires on the battery connect are quiet touchy. I've had to have them resoldered twice when I was trying to put a battery in. This thing eats batteries faster than a fat kid eats a pie. // 1

Overall Impression: I will never buy this amp again, it really wasn't worth spending a 100 bucks. Stupid me for not looking into small 10 or 15 watt amps that are adjustable soundwise and have headphone outs. To have the red and black wires on the battery connect resoldered twice is a waste of time and money. // 2

Comments