Kick Start 10 review by Carlsbro

• Reviewer's score: 6.3 Neat
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Carlsbro: Kick Start 10

Purchased from: Six X

I'm using a Samick Malibu (S/S/S Strat copy). I play everything from the Chilis to Pantera to The Eagles. And all this amps good at is cleans. The cleans actually quite good and suites songs with soft overdrive like Slash solos or most Chili songs. The soft overdrives actually a flaw in the amp which causes it to distort even when its on clean. The distortions horrible it sounds like a bunch of chipmunks sawing off some wood with their crooked teeth. Seriosly, it sounds somewhat like a buzz saw, very trebly with no or little bass and is just lifeless. I have to use one of distortion pedals if I want to play something even slightly metal (DigiTech Grunge/Boss OS-2). So I give the clean a 8, the distortion and 2 on another note, it's surprisingly loud for a ten watter.

The only reason I brought this amp is 'cause I wanted a small practice amp for my room. I regret buying it, and would jump for joy if it were stolen. All said and done, it's an average practice amp that would be great for a beginner on a budget. The blue light (instead of the usual red) is just damn sexy.

Sure this amps dependable and built to last, but I would never use this at a gig, I have marshals for that. I think I would be run out of town/and or declared insane/musically inept if I ever decided to use this live. All that aside it is quite solid.

No idea when or where it was made. The amps not versatile at all (I shall explain more in the "sound" section). It's a solid state Twin channel amp, one for clean one for overdrive. It has a tiny button inbetween the master volume and treble, which makes pressing it kinda hard. It has 3 controls, master, treble and bass. A line in, and a headphone out, 6.5"inch speakers and thats all there is to this amp.

SavageNights
    I had this amp, the jack snapped off, and I can't seem to find replacements. I don't know if I'm going to bother either.
    Dr_Awesome
    I personally love this amp, I discovered it by accident one day at my school, and when ever I get a chance I play on this amp and this amp alone. I love the unique rough tone i can get out of it from the overdrive switch. It helped me write a few songs and got me started on guitar, I'll always have a special place in my heart for this wonderous amp. 10/10 for any one just starting, 6-7/10 for advanced players.
    BadBanshee
    "The distortions horrible it sounds like a bunch of chipmunks sawing off some wood with their crooked teeth." LOOOL I laughed so hard at this :'D