Kick Start 25 review by Carlsbro

Carlsbro: Kick Start 25

Purchased from: Keyboard Kavern

I use it with a Samick Strat, and as said above it suits all the styles of music I play. It is very noisy when the volume is on full and when the gain and reverb are turned up it's incredibly loud! The clean channel is great however high you turn the volume up and the distortion is a really effective sound.

It's a really nice amp, and it suits all of my styles of playing well and is a good match for the guitar. There's nothing I wish I'd bought before I got it, and the I don't really want anything else with at the moment. I originally considered a Marshall 30 watt but I didn't like the distortion on it and so chose this instead. It's a great amp for a range of different music styles, and is good for live gigs or just practising/messing around. Highly recommended by me.

I can depend on it a lot, and would definately use it live without a backup. The amp has never broken down, although (and it was like this when I bought it) when it's on if you jump on the floor really heavily or knock it over it makes a really loud crashing noise, but it doesn't always do that, it's only done it about four times for me, and I've used it live twice and at home about a million times, so it doesn't often do it.

The amp is very versatile, able to suit each and every style of music I play which is: heavy metal/rock/grundge/jazz. It has: a gain control, and overdrive control, a volume, treble, mid, bass and reverb controls. It has the input (duh) but also has a headphone jack and a footswitch/pedal jack. I use it in my house and outside, and it suits both environments very well.