MTS 3212 review by Carvin

Carvin: MTS 3212

Purchased from: Carvin.com

I'm using a Fender American Strat with a Stanard American Strat pickup in the neck and a DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge and a Ibanez Jem with Evolution pickups. This amp is great for me and can be used with any style but it is not used to it full potential until it's used for rock and metal. This amp isn't really noisy, it's about what you would get from any high end tube amp. When the amp is cranked on clean it distorts (like any tube amp) the distortion is awesome. Very Vai/Dimebag like. it can also be used for lighter stuff like AC/DC or even punk.

I play rock and metal most of the time and this amp is great for them. I've been playing for 6 years and you can read about my gear in other reviews. I love everything about this amp. if it where stolen/lost, I would try to find it or buy a new one. I compared this amp too a Marshall JCM dual super lead 2 12 and this one came out on top because it is almost the same with a few added features such as more tubes, better speakers (in my opinion) and the fact that it was almost 5 times chepaer (JCM was somewhere around $2, 000 and the MTS was only $700) oh, and it also a bais switch for my choise of EL34s or 6L6/5881 tubes.

I can depend on it but like any tube amp the tube can die with out notice, this happend to me (it was from a shipping problem). One thing I must say though is that Carvin coustomer service is amazing. I recenly called and told them about my amp and they are sending me new tubes for free!

This amp was made in 2004, all tube with 4 sovtek 5881 power tubes and 5 12AX7A preamp tubes. This amp is verry versitle but it is best suited for hard rock and metal. That's what I play so it's good for me. This has 2 channels, clean and lead (lead can go from crunch to a almost Dimebag Darrel dirstortion) reverb, a foot switch to switch between channels and reverb on/off and an effects loop. 2 Celestion G12T-75 12 inch speakers. bias switch (for EL34s or 6L6 tubes) Ohms switch - 4, 8 or 16 ohms selection. Cabenet extension jack, 50/100 watt selctor and a presence switch for the lead/clean channel for added clarity. The only thing I wish this amp had is a headphone jack. I use this amp in my house and it definitally has enough power for me. Hell, it has enough power for live or studio work.

ibanezlover123
    I'm buying the 1/2 stack soon. I like how Carvin sells direct so their prices and customer service are better than anybody else.