MTS 3212 review by Carvin

Carvin: MTS 3212

Purchased from: Carvin Site

With it I run just my Schecter Extreme FR guitar with stock pickups and coil tap, and just a Boss RC-2 Loop Station pedal. It suits my music styles big time, great versatile amp. The noise I get from it is very minimal and definately don't see the need for myself to buy something like a decimator to cancel the hum. The clean channel does distort when cranked, and the gain channel definately has enough gain for mostly anyones needs.

Overall it's a great amp, love the lush reverb option it has. I've been playing for around 5 years, basically 1 year seriously, it does all I need it to do. If it were lost or stolen I'd be pretty down but I'd probly buy a lower wattage tube amp such as a Orange Tiny Terror. I do however love it's versatility, as you can use various types of tubes. Highly recommended for someone seeking a versatile tube amp Who is not wanting to go broke.

Have yet to have a problem with it (touch wood), I'm very happy with it's sound, and was very happy with carvins customer support when ordering it. it's reliability is definately excellent, I would definately gig with it. Durability it has been through some tough knocks but there are no marks anywhere on my amp.

The MTS is definately versatile enough for my main music interests. I'm into a lot of shred stuff (paul gilbert), as well as metal such as Megadeth, as well as rock stuff like the chilli peppers. My biggest comparison is it reminds me of a 5150 except with superior cleans. The gain doesnt't sound as dark as the 5150, but for modern stuff such as Trivium it nails those tones perfectly, it definately is a high gain beast. I do wish it had a built in attenuator but it is a relatively inexpensive tube amp, so no big deal there.

youngalistai
    you can get a headphone box and maybe a attenuator from rat amps in cornwall u.k. he advertises on e-bay £56.00 there are not many valve amps that have headphone sockets as there is too much power only one i know is blackstar ht