SX300 review by Carvin

Carvin: SX300

Purchased from: Carvin

I run the amp with my Carvin DC400C and my BC Rich Warlock with Zakk Wylde EMG's and let me tell you, right there is a brutal combination of metal, rock, and blues. Through the Warlock, BLS, Slayer, Metallica, etc. are cranked out with absolute ease. Through the DC400C, this amp rings out breath taking cleans, with very round and warm tones. The amp can be noisy, but understand something: this amp is made for good equipment. Lousy guitars and cables will cause this amp to be noisy. This amp sounds better as it gets louder, which is awesome because I shake my house with this amp and I play in the basement. The distortion on the amp is only satisfying, but on channel 1 you can hit the hi-gain switch, problem solved. Channel 2 has a blues switch to boost the mids, and all channels have a Prescence switch to boost your highs. Very awesome. I always get compliments after gigs about how well my amp sounds.

This guitar is made to rock, hard. It suits rock, metal, and blues perfectly. I've been playing 7 years and this amp blows my mind with my BC Rich and my Carvin DC400C. If it were stolen I would most definatly buy it again. I could never honestly tell you that I have something on this amp I don't like. This amp blows Mesa, Line 6, and even Orange out of the water. Amazing.

This amp is a tank. It has never crapped out or broken down on me. This amp was dropped on the roof of my car, and although it wasn't bad, the amp won the accident hands down. It left a slight dent in the shape of a rectangle in the roof of my car. This amp will never break unless you throw it into an oncoming semi, but it's too havy to just throw like that anyway. Carvin durability will never let you down.

I have a 2006 model Carvin SX300 2x12 combo amp. This amp handles just about anything you can throw at it, with it's Celestion speakers. Hard rock, classic rock, metal, and blues are what I play on the amp and it sounds absolutly amazing. It has 3 channels (overdrive, lead, and clean), a footswitch, and effects module, and a headphone jack. I use this amp for practice and live shows, because the amp uses "Tube Emulation" which Carvin perfected. It uses no tubes, but it louder and sounds better than most tubes I have played. This is a solid-state amp that gives the ideal tube tone.

GunLeatherGuy
    I think the reviewer works for Carvin.... :/ Ive played through one and I love this amp. Ive had 2 line 6 flextones, a JJ tubed B52 at100 and other decent amps... The sx is on par with other of the better solid state amps. Its priced very well...given what it offers.
    powerlord
    I'm with you on this combo,it rocks and is the closest SS amp I've heard to some tubes!Oh and blind_ melon I corn holed your mom and we had you!HeHeHeHe!
    Vos
    I have one and I absolutely love it. The distortion is really nice but you might want to run a pedal through it to get that extra step in there.
    Gurut
    I don't know about this one. I'd like to hear it before debating on whether or not to purchase one. I can't try one out neither 'cuz I ain't got no music stores round me for a couple hundred miles in all directions. Anybody have audio of this amp?
    majestone
    I used to own the SX200. It sounded great with my DC135. I listen to some recordings I made back in 2004-5 and it the tone of this amp stands out (AWESOME!!). But now I'm going to buy the SX300, I want that third channel for more metal tones, I can't wait!!
    ProgFolk12
    you get the feeling somebody VERY funny hacked blind melon's account don't you...
    Mosher4life
    I think this amp is pretty great for the price. Last Saturday I bought the SX-200, which is the 2 channel version of this amp, and got it for $325. It sounds great for rock, metal, and blues.
    notryt
    Ill have to say all carvin amps are good but as far as the best tube-like sounds.. hands down any peavey transtube.... unless your playing at club volumes.. where you can really hear tubes start to break up.. the peavey is that good... Im not diss-ing the carvins Im just comparing apples to apples
    AJ6stringsting
    Put a BBE sonic Maximizer and a noise reduction unit / noise gate in the effects loop and any amps sound will improve 110%. Just set the noise gate to not cut off your signal and all the hiss and hum will be eliminated.