V3 review by Carvin

Carvin: V3

Purchased from: Carvinguitars.com

I play a Gibson Firebird Studio straight into this without any effects. I play classic rock, hard rock, blues, and some metal. This amp can take all of those styles and create them perfectly. I'm sure this amp can model many more sounds but it takes lots of tweaking. The distortion channels are exactly the same which allows you to have any 2 dirty sounds you want (I have one set for classic rock and the other for 80s metal). Has sparkling cleans (comes with a few suggested settings). Amazing amp for the price.

This amp blew my mind. For the price, you won't find anything better. Very cool LED lighting with each channel. Footswith it came with works like a charm and there is no delay in the switching. Cabinet came with GT12 speakers and they sound amazing. This amp is loud for those of you who only play in a small crowded house, apartment, etc. If it were stolen I would buy it again without a question. Only gripe is that it doesn't have reverb. Other than that it is crazy and awesome in every way possible.

This amp hasn't had anything wrong with it so far for the months I've owned it. Looks solid and will last quite a while.

This amp plays anything I throw at it. Very versatile tube amp. Specs: - RMS Power: 50 or 100 watts - Output Impedance: 4, 8 or 16 ohm Switch - Input Impedance: 220,000 ohms - Channel Tone Controls: BASS, MID, TREBLE, PRESENCE, EQX - Ch 1 Sensitivity: 1mV for clipping - Ch 2 Sensitivity: 1mV for clipping - Ch 3 Sensitivity: 16mV for full output - Channels: 3 switching - MIDI functions: channel, effect loops and Boost switching, 100 available patch locations, 5-pin jack - Preamp Tubes: Five 12AX7 tubes - Power Amp Tubes: 4-EL34 tubes - Master controls: Master volume, Boost (footswitch operated), Bright, Mid Cut, and Deep

6_string_attack
    Has any one put a V3m through a test drive? I have this little amp on my list of amps I would like to purchase. Unfortunately there is no way for me to test this amp out myself, so I have to rely on other users reviews and sample vids posted by carvin or loaded up on youtube. So is the V3M able to handle metal. I mean everything from AC/DC to slipknot? Will V3M be able to power my Krank SST 4x12 cab?