CC-04 review by Chute

Chute: CC-04

I am using a Yamaha AES620HB and it sounds amazing. I mostly play in an alternative rock kind of style and this amp is great for that. It can also pull off a great blues or Led Zep tone with a little EQing. The overdrive is always clear and never muddy.The gain on the amp alone is not enough for tapping or Metallica type palm muting, but with a tubescreamer anything is possible. The setting I use for a nice alt rock overdrive is bass (0), mid (5), treb (10), presence (10) and gain (7). Best setting on this amp in my opinion. Check out my buddies band "Strangeface" on itunes, he used this amp and that setting on their album.

To me this is the perfect amp. If you are looking for a clear biting overdrive for blues, classic rock, alt rock, hard rock, this is the amp for you. The only downside is the price, but it's a small Canadian company and their amps are all handmade so I can understand the high price. Check out Chuteamplifiers.com/ for more info since you don't hear about this amp in any reviews on UG.

I can totally depend on this amp I've had it about a year and have had no problems.

This amp has no unneeded features. It's got a clean channel a lead channel, shared EQ, master volume and presence. The newer version has a seperate volume control for each channel, but I'm fine just rolling back my volume on my guitar for cleans while paying on the lead channel. It has an FX loop and standby Switch. It has channel switching but the clean will never be as loud as the dirty channel. It's a class A all tube head with more than enough power for anything. Sounds great once the volume is above 1, never had it above 4 for fear of my house falling down, it's freaking loud. I give it a 9 for the lack of seperate volume for each channel

pawnluv
    i don't know where 1185 came from but the amp goes for $2000 Canadian, and I only paid $1500 because a friend of a friend of mine is the owner.