BV120H review by Crate

• Reviewer's score: 4.8 Poor
Crate: BV120H

The clean channel is bright, clean and crisp but lacks the warmth of a Fender Twin or Deluxe. I rolled the presence control off and it lost that ice pick in the ear brittle sound. If this was all the amp did it would be cool. Put some pedals in front and you got all you want in a clean amp. However, the drive channel sucks bildge water! The annoying "bumble bee in a tin can" distortion. Very buzzy, I'm more inot the "smooth distortion." I used the good 'ol Krank cab with this.

I play metal, and sure it has a lot of gain, but very sterile sounding. Been playing for 3 sum odd years. It's an inexpensive amp, but also cheaply built. Wasn't too happy with it.

The circuit board on this amp is pretty thin, the traces are too. The power tubes are on a separate board connected by rigid pins, not wires. I would worry about transporting this amp, but I would gig with it without a backup (mainly 'cause I can't afford one).

Made in 2005. It's the re-designed model. Pretty sure the guts are the same as the old Blue Voodoos just a new outside. I think it looks better then the old ones if that counts for anything. 2 channel EFX loop w/reverb. Pretty basic tube amp. 8 Ohms output.