BV120H review by Crate

Crate: BV120H

Purchased from: guitar Center

I use this amp with an old Ibanez RG570 with stock pickups. I Play heavy metal and hard rock stuff like Ac/dc, Metallica, Pantera, Van Halen and Ozzy and this amp sounds good for everything with some knob adjustments. There is very little buzzing and hiss noises on this amp. The clean channel stays clean to at least 5, after that I don't know. I've never had it past that, It's very loud. There is plenty of distortion for anything I play, With the gain past 8 it gets muddy sounding though. I don't need a distortion pedal with this amp. I bought it used and some of the tubes are mismatched so I wonder if that's why the distortion is so thick. The new BV120H I tried at the store with the black tolex and silver logo sounded pretty good but the distortion wasn't as heavy. I'm glad I'm cheap and tried the used one.

I bought this head because it sounded good and was affordable, It's good for heavy metal and rock music, and it even looks nice on my peavy cabinet. If it were stolen/lost I would look for another one. I feel that this was a good deal. I like the reverb also. and the footswitch.

I don't ever gig with it and it just sits in my living room so It should last a while. It seems durable the back is enclosed and it has a metal grill in the front so the tubes should stay safe. It has been reliable for me, I've only had it for a month though.

This is a 100 Watt Tube head, 2 channels, with reverb, I think it was made in the '90s. It's blue tolex with the gold Crate logo and hardware. It came with a footswitch for channel select and effects loop on and off. It doesn't have effects onboard but I have a rack unit for that. I use it at home with a Peavey rm412 cabinet. It has plenty of power for my needs. There are lights inside that light up the tubes when you turn it on, It's a nice looking amp.

ranikade3
    spoonylove90 wrote: no
    Yeah, play your line 6 with a noise gate, tube is the ultamite test to see if your a good guitar player!
    enselmis
    fo sho man, buying a blue voodoo soon(2 weeks) they redesigned em recently, look much nicer got a mirror in the back lol. BUT!!! THEY ARE DISCONTINUED!!! I AM GOING TO GO TO CRATE'S OFFICE AND THROW EGGS AT THE WINDOWS!!!also getting a framus dragon cab with it, with vintage 30's.
    tylerxviolence
    This amp is brutal as shit. Its definatly a metal masters guitar amp. If you want tubed, and you play really low tuned GET it NOW!