BV150H review by Crate

Crate: BV150H

My main guitar is a Epiphone Les Paul Standard with a DiMarzio tone zone in the bridge and a DiMarzio PAF classic in the neck. I also use a Fender stratocaster with a DiMarzio tone zone humbucker and 2 single coils. The amp sounds great with my equipment, I play all kinds of music from classic rock to '80s pop style to metal, even some blues and this amp does it all very well so far. The clean channel seems to be ok even at high levels you simply have to adjust the gain according.

This amp is good for just about any style, you just have to adjust the eq according to your style and run with it. I used a Marshall AVT150 and JCM2000 TSL and this Crate blew them both completely away, basically it DESTROYED them with power and tone! I would definatley be searching for another if it were stolen at this point. It was very hard to find being discontinued.

so far it's been road worthy, it has been banged aruond a bit and seems to handle well, it's built very solid and it's beast weighing in around 50lbs! It's been reliable to me and durable. I never play gigs without some kind of back up but I think I could put my trust into this one if needed. I've played it several 4 hours gigs never shutting it off and it worked just fine!

Just recently purchased a used Crate BV150H. This is a 3 channel all tube head unit, has excellent tone! Each channel (selectable with footswitch) has level-gain-mid-treble and a 5 way mid frequency adjustment to tweek your sound for whatever you are looking for. It also has adjustments for how your speakers handle the sound for low end and clearity, the only thing this amp lacks is a reverd! I never was a fan of Crate amps until I came across this one. It's basically the Crate version of a mesa Triple rec. In my opinion it sounds killer I've been very happy with it. You can power up to 4 cabinets with this. adjustable 4-8-16 ohm Switch on back of amp, Effects loop, slave out, this amp is by far the greatest thing Crate has ever designed! it uses 6x6550 power tubes and 8 12ax7 pre-amp tubes. I was informed by the company that the only reason this is a discontinued amp is because Crate was bought out by another compnay and this amp was considered too expensive to have a "Crate' name on it. If you come across one of these and you like big tube tone and killer crunch I say give it a shot and remember you have to do a lot of tweeking around but you can get any sound you want from this amp.