BV150H review by Crate

Crate: BV150H

I'm using 2 guitars. One with an alder body with a Seymour Duncan jb in the bridge and a 59 in the neck, a very common set of pickups. My other guitar is a basswood LTD with an EMG 81/85 set. You have to EQ this amp completley different due to the drastic differences in both my guitars. Channel 1: sparkly clean but can be pushed to get a light crunch but sounds pretty gnarly, channel was built to be clean and stay clean. Channel 2: this channels gain structure has 2 parts to it. You can get that Zeppelin/acdc crunch but when turned up it holds its own as a great metal rhythm channel. It has more of a British voicing to it so great for nailing that thrash/slayer/early metallica tone. The mid freq control actualy has a setting for "off" so you can actually turn off your mids lol Channel 3: balls out power. Anything from scooped as mids (it goes intense scooped), but can also get enouogh mids to sound like your broadcasting over a radio >_> middle ground is where its at really. The gain structure is great and has amazing bass response. The treble knob is your worst enemy because it can get very treble'y. I usually back it off and use the presence (eek) knob in its place. so again, extremely versatile amp

Suits almost any genre even country, the clean can get very twangy with the right guitar. I can get here with my '59 in the neck. The genres it can handle go from a-z. If it was stolen or something, I would buy another in a heartbeat, considering the fact my local samash just got a used one in :P but not for the price I got it for, its about $500 which is that average used price. I got mine for an absolute steal. Amp suits and fulfills all that I need. Any other reason to get another amp is if you simply want a specified tone and need to have it (GASing for a Vintage modern)

This thing weighs... A ton... I'm just talking about the head. Its at least a good 50-75 pounds. Very well made in the USA with high quality materials and nothing has failed on it in 11 years besides the tubes. I would definitely rely on this amp for a gig without a backup.

Amp was made in late 99. The amp boasts a ton of versatility. If you see all the knobs it will blow your mind. Each channel has a basic bass, treble, and mid control. In addition, there is also a level control for each channel (no master volume), gain, and something that really lets its versatility is the mid freq knob. Each channel has I think 4 or 5 different frequencies that you can run your mid's at. At a total of 3 channels, it also has an effects loop/boost stage, 4 speaker outputs, a slave out, level controls for in and out of the fx loop. Foot controller that controlls all 3 channels switching and engages the Loop. Also on the front panel there is an "Eek" and "ugh" control which acts as a bass boost and presence knob. Its is a 150w head pushing 6 power amp tubes and 8 pre. Side note, I have retubed it completely with JJ's and I had very little experience on how the stock Groove Tubes sounded which I only heard once a couple years ago. It pretty much has every feature out there besides a power attenuator. I'm a bedroom halfstack player (yea, redundant... I know) so it can get noisy when I want to crank it a bit but people learn to LIVE WITH IT:) its got a 9 missing 1 point for no attenuation.

EspTro
    u cant buy these new anymore, but they did MSRP for somewhere around $1,000 back then
    Mrk00k00dud3
    If you go to a guitar center website, the price of it would be 700$. I don't even know how Esptro bought it for 150$ :/