FW120 review by Crate

Crate: FW120

Price paid: € 298

Purchased from: Local Dealer

I use Fender Stratocaster from mexiko with Humbucker on bridge position.And I have Boss DS-1 Distortion sometimes plugged in. I think that overdrive and high gain channels are quite good, but I think they don't have enough sustain for me. Its good to try the factory presets. I can play with this songs from Deep Purple, Rainbow, Metallica... Clean channel is quite good but when I use reverb on 4th line on knob it started to weird sounds like some kind of modulaton. It is same when I use Chorus. These effect - in fact are very poor. Maybe delay is good. I think the best way to have good reverb and other effect is buy pedals and have pedal chain.

I play Deep Purple, Rainbow, Edguy.. Songs. There is always way to set the amp very close to this bands and sound of their guitarists. I play 7 years now. I have Fender stratocaster Mexico with Humbucker on bridge position. Boss DS1. I think I would buy another because of price. That was the first which impress me. The sound was second. I never heard before any amp with that good sound when it cost almost 300 . The one problem for me are effect. For me they are unusedd.Phaser and flanger? Sometimes I don't know which one is which becouse they are very similar.But when you have pedals(something from Boss) you will know which one is which.

I think the chasi is good. I have on bottom side wheels so it very good when you tranporting the amp.I don't like tahat back side of amp is open. I have problem with footswitch cables. They broke somewhere in middle of cable. They are very thin. In store they dont wont replace it. So I decide to to buy another - classic guitar cables but stereo.

I have this amp for 2 years now. I bought for his amazing sound and very low price. I can play with this classic rock, hard rock, heavy rock a metal. This amp have three channels - Clean, Overdrive and High Gain. There are reverb, chorus, flanger, phaser and delay effects. There is CD input too. Amp have footswitch too. I use this amp with my band and home practice. With band I use it with half volume. Everyone heard me crystal clear.

WolfenAuge
    I want to play rammstein and the sound similar to it. Can I wring this sound on that AMP ? Its heavy distorion. And generally do you reccomend that AMP ?
    KrazedKyle
    How does this compare to the Marshal 100HFX. i've got one of those atm and personally i think it sounds like shit. I just played one of these in a guitar shop and i like it's sound but i'm not sure if i want to go with this one, a Peavy Bandit 112 or a Marshall 250fx Combo.
    Way Cool JR.
    Coldmystery wrote: I haven't heard an amp that sounded better than the crate Flexwave series, aside from the crate V-series. I will say one thing for crate, the flexwave series does sound unique. It's like pouring heaven through a speaker.
    *Fixed* Well for me Crate has the best sounding amps SS or Tube Everytime I plug into a Marshall or any other so called great superior brand they lack something "Great tone". I will drag my Crate SS to practice before using my Friends JCM I could bring my crate V series 33H but I don't want to make him jealous because I got a killer tone for so cheap.