FW120HS review by Crate

Crate: FW120HS

The clean channel is very clear and warm sounding for the price. The overdrive is pretty weak. It would be pretty good for southern rock. The high gain channel is ok. I wouldn't use it for a gig because I can never find the right sound with it but it's great for just noodleing around. A lot of noise useing the high gain channel. What I do is just have a distortion pedal in my setup and it sound amazing.

I play anything from blues to death metal, I believe this amp is great for just about any type of music. The only thing that I don't like about it is the distortion. I use a pedal and it sounds like a $1200 amp. I've use those Line 6 HD150 amps and wow I like mine a lot better. Line 6's set up is way too complicated and the sound is way too digital for my taste. Besides, the Crate 120HS is cheeper. Overall, I think this amp is amazing for people that are just starting out on guitar. Great price, pretty good sound, amazing reliability.

This thing is suprisingly very very tough. I had it at my school and one my the teachers droped it from on top of it's cabinet and I didn't even see a scrach, let alone any internal damage, lucky for her. I would recommend this as a gig backup if you were useing cheep eqiupment, but I'd use something with more sound.

The amp just came out when I bought it so I think it's a 2007. It has three channels, clean, overdrive, and high gain. I have this amp along with the cabinet in my room. It is stereo. 120 Watt. With delay, mods (chorus, flanger, and phaser) and reverb. One thing that could really bug you, or help you, is the channel tracking. It keeps your settings (chorus, flanger, and phaser) on that channel. So when you change channels the settings arn't there untill you set them again, but once you change back to the first channel it is the same settings on it when you put them in the first time, confusing to describe.

AlexAvarice
    I'm trading in my Marshall AVT50H for one of these. I know it's not the best, but I hate the Marshall. All hype and buzz. Hopefully this will be better.
    Petey D
    I own one of these amps, and I have no issues with it at all. Good versetile amp, great price. Gig with it no problem. I have to take issue with "Wasted Guardian" on a couple of things #1. Half stacks are completely unnecesary for "beginner guitarists." #2 This amp has enough "sound" to play a medium sized club easily. anybody who gigs mics their amps any way, DER. If you're looking for a good cheap halfstack, the FW120 is worth a look.