FW15R review by Crate

Crate: FW15R

I use a Les Paul Custom, with '57 style humbuckers, and a Dunlop Crybaby pedal. This amp really suits my style of older/classic rock. It takes all the abuse I can dish out. It has never gave me any trouble, at any time. It plays great country (Definettly if it's tweaked a little, and switched to rythum, you can play Walk The Line or like Johnny Cash himself). On the rock side, and set to distortion, you can play Bad To The Bone like a pro. The amp is really great, and has a lot of great features. The clean setting is not distorted uless you really get close to the maximum (like a fingers with close to the end) and it gets a little vibrating, but no distortion to the sound itself. The distortion, you can sound a little wild, to like Super Heavy Metal From Hell kind of sound. It's good.

This amp is a great match to my rock and roll style, and also to my Johnny Cash style. It is dependable, and has never failed me. I love this amp, for the price I gave. If it were stolen, well if I had some more money than I may go with a bigger Crate amp, but I would buy it again if I had 99.99 dollars. I have been playing guitar on and off, and finally got it together in the last couple of months. I play with a Les Paul Custom, a Dunlop Crybaby pedal. This combination really works for me. I had compare this to a Line 6 Spyder III, and I was leaning towards the spyder, till I looked into and played a spyder 3, I was not amazed. Yeah it had more distortions and had a switch pedal, but I was more impressed by the Crate, and it to me seemed to stay a lot cleaner at high volumes on the clean setting. All and all I am extremely happy with the Crate FlexWave 15R. If you are going to play older rock, or some Johnny Cash on electric, I recommend you get this amp.

So far my amp hasn't given me any problems, none what so ever. Regular service helps keep it up, and I depend on Crates so I trust it, but so far no problems. It has stood the test of me doing some random heavy metal jamming (making fun of some boys) and to me playing a song multiple times, and quickly. It stands up to the abuse of mr thrashing my Les Paul and squelching my Crybaby.

The Crate FlexWave 15R is a great amp. A newer made amp (I don't know what year it was made, but it is new). It has a lovely little switch that lets you play clean, or distorted. The distortion is changed by two knobs, your gain, and your level. For what very little music I play that needs distortion, this works. The only problem I have with the distorion, is when it is on, you can not turn the volume up or down. On the clean side, you got your volume, you low, mid, high, and reverb knob. This is the one I use, for most of my older rock and psyhcidallics, and some country (Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Steve Miller Band, Status Quo, Joohnny Cash, etc). It gives a nice solid sound, with no scretches. It works great for me practicing, and doing so jamming with friends at partys.

CZHunter
    SkyValley
    So is this the thing that's supposed to replace that piece of sh*t Crate GT15? It's about damn time.
    LesPaulCowboy
    CZHunter wrote: Really looking into the 65-watt Flexwave, so this was a very helpful review. Thanks!
    Glad I could help.