FW65 review by Crate

Crate: FW65

Price paid: € 160

Purchased from: Feedback

At this point I have BC Rich which I use on my amp. (the k.k. Wartribe addition) BC Rich isn't exactly known for the best quality of the clean sounds, but with this amp I'm able to produce a nice warm tone even out of a guitar like this. Even if you have a pure metal guitar you wouldn't be disappointed. I mainly play metal and I must say that this amp suits my playing style perfectly. The high gain is pretty good coming from a standard amp gain channel (in my opinion) as long as the gain is all out, the bass low and the high's high. I'll admit that the sound doesn't come anywhere close to my DigiTech metal master pedal but it sure can sound heavy on its own! The overdrive is fun for me to play some soft rock and blues from time to time and the clean channel don't let down either. Even with different playing styles this amp would suit anyone. The only thing that slightly annoys me of this amp is that you have a constant background buzz in your amp but this is probably caused by the power of amp since 65W is quite a bit of power. The buzz on its own is not bad, more of a comfortable background noise and you certainly won't hear it when playing but for the high gain channel it tends to crack up.

Again I mostly play metal but I like to play some clean stuff as well, I would say this amp is a pretty good match for me especially with the upcoming protection. (when you hit a note while it's booting it won't come out till it has actually booted to protect the amp) This amp I would recommend to any beginning guitarists that can't afford a half stack right away! I have been playing for around 3 years now on and off again pretty irregular so I'm not the best guitarist found here but It's not about my playing really it's about my amp and I love it! I use it in combination with my metal master pedal and I'm getting the RGA72QM Ibanez soon, I can hardly wait to hear what it sounds like. If there anything I wished I asked before I bought it it would be this: What about the power cable?!?!?! It might just be me but the amp didn't come with a power cable to turn it on! Should it be stolen I would probably save up some more money and get an even better amp with better shock protection and just get a sick half stack. My favorite feature is definatly the ability to add multiple effects at once. It really helps my find my sound. And there is something missing which I would have loved. A headphone input The mixer input and CD input combined with the free footswitch well makes up for it though.

I would bring a back-up unless I did not have any other choice purely because of the problems I had with it before. You never know what other power grid might be loaded to its maximum out there Then again I seem to be the only one with this problem so if this issue puts you at doubt then I'd have you say you probably worry to much.

This is my first review and I'm not a 100% sure if I'm doing it correctly but I will be giving it my best shot. First of all there are a few features which I really like about this amp. While with most cheap amps you only have two channels this Flexwave comes with 3. One for clean sounds, one for a lighter overdrive which just suits me perfectly for light rock and bluesse and another one with high gain which would suit any hard riffing metal guitarist. Added with the amp comes a standard foot-switch to make it easier for you to Switch between the different channels. With this channel added you even have an "extra" channel added to save your settings on which with all the settings you can make in your amp is quite useful. Sadly I haven't gotten around to try to save the settings in the Switch yet but I'm sure to check it out in the near future. While with most amps like this you can only turn on one effect like reverb at the time here you can mix 3 effects all-together: - reverb - delay - chorus/flanger/phaser Being able to mix 3 effects really allows you to create a more unique tone then with most beginner amps. Stepping up from a standard beginner guitar amp this is really then I could wish for with the discount price. However there is one thing that bugs me and I feel obligated to inform you all about this. In my house (so I can only imagine others have this as well) the electric net is just jammed to his peak with electrical equipment. This causes the amp to give electrical thuds when the chip in the amp tries to start up sometimes and wrecked mine on the first night (luckily I had warranty). Sadly the problem still remains since this is a power net and not an amp problem. I solved it hanging it another group in the net the same as the dryer and the washing machine and I turn it on before I turn on any other electrical equipment in my room. I love this amp but this issue greatly reduces the score. For the new price of 300, - it would be pretty hard to find a better amp really. I can only imagine it is so cheap do the (poor) electrical buzz or shock protection.