FXT120 review by Crate

Crate: FXT120

Purchased from: Musicians friend

I'm using a stock Schecter Omen 6 and a DOD Dath Metal distortion pedal. I play mostly metal types stuff (from heavy to death) and this amp works on its on somewhat but I really prefer it with the distortion pedal because it gives it much fuller sound I think. It's not to noisy but it is noisy at times expecalley if your near any electronics (TVs, computers, etc). I can make almost any sound I want on this amp from blues to hard rock you just got ot change a fe settings and you can get any sound you can think of. Like I said hte distortion is ok but its not "brutal" if your lookng for a more Metalis type sound I suggest a distortion pedal.

My overall impression is that any intermediae player who needs a 120 watt amp for giging should get this. It's loud, powerfull, had all the effects you could need, relitivley cheap, and just a greta buy in my opinion. The only thing I wis it really had is more "brutal" distortion but thats not a big deal really I don't mind using a pedal. This will never get stolen from me, it's to big.

This map is built to last, it can defintaly take a beating. I've never had any problem with it crapping out on me. I would use this amp for a gig without a back up (probably will here soon).

I think this map was inroduced in 2003 but I'm really not sure (they are exclusive to musicians friend) this map can be very versitile the cleans are great for a rock ballad, or some electirc acoustic stuff, and the distortion is great for hard rock and alternative. I use this amp in my band with a 2X12 extension cab, and it has plenty of power I never have to turn it up past 6 or 7. It has 16 built in effects that are nice I fyou kno how to use them but if you dont hey wont really work for you (but will be really fun to mess with).