FXT120 review by Crate

Crate: FXT120

I use a Squier Fat Strat with it. The clean is perfect; the distortion is highly dependant on your pickup. If you want perfect clean, use your neck cingle coil (if you have one) and if you want screaching metal use the channel overdrive and a humbucker. This amp is sweet. The distortion can sound like a classical rock sound but it can also hit those emo/punk sounds. The brutal overdrive is killer and adds a hell of a lot of punch. I can get this amp to scream but the others I've played on suck at it. I haven't heard any buzz yet, although it does pick up radio signal in certain rooms.

Rock on Crate, you guys make the sweetest amps. This amp blows my friend's 15 watter away and I completely cant let go. If someone stole it I'd beat the living of them. Or get a new one. I love everyhintg escept the wahwah, thats only okay. You could play this baby live. I looked at the spider ii but it didn't get loud enough and it had presets. You get to screw with the distortion on this one yourself (the coolest). I wish it had better wah wah and tremolo. It gets so loud I cant hear for a while. Make sure you get your footpedal when you buy it, don't get anything else. Just one thing, I've heard horror stories of amps blwing the day they get them: well thats 'cause their retarded idiots, you don't bring your amp home and play with it on 10 for three hours. Daily bring the volume a little higher 'till it's maxed, then it should be ok.

This thing hasn't busted. It will blow on playing for 2 hours at max volume.

This amp was made exclusively for Musicians Friend, so Crate doesn't have it on their website. I play rock, metal, punk, emo, all that stuff, and it kicks ass. It's got a clean channel and two distortion channels. It's all solid state and wicked. It comes with a footswitch but GC tried to sell me one without the switch but after a while they gave it to me anyway (it says on Musiciansfriend that it comes with one). Has an effects loop, and (best of all) a speaker output so you can add a cabinet and turn it not a stack. I wish it had the ability to turn the speaker off while I was using the speaker jack as a headphone one. The DSP is pretty cool, but the wah-wah is a really wacky but the delay and chorus and flange and reverb are totally sweet. It's also got an ok tuner.

guitar_demon48
    i just bought this a month ago from guitar center and its pretty sweet..the distortion thats on it is heavy as a mother****...pretty damn loud too...METAL UP YOUR ASS!!!
    Parentadvisory
    yea ive had this amp for a while this is the best deal price wise for the quality and loudness you recieve and it has a very wide range of tones i was very pleased with the amp although the some of the digital effects are bogus only the delay and reverb are actually in good working order the touch wah and inverted wah are superbly gay in every way shape or form though i dont really feel they are necessasry. the octive down effect is also gay and if you play any of the effects(except for the reverb)with the distortion up, they warp and change and mostly make it sound more bassy
    devinbryndel
    I bought this amp cause I wanted a huge amp for a cheap cost. You can see the pictures in my profile. But I realized it was too big for my needs! I wasn't in the band when i got it! I just loved how it sounded. It sounds so good the distortion is clena and crisp. if you experience buzzing when your on high gain its called get a better guitar or a better guitar cable and or wireless system! I run a planet waves circuit cable and i got a good esp eclipse II and it works fine...but this amp is solid and I'm acssually looking to sell it for a smaller one! this one is too big for my needs so give me a msg! i'm selling it for aorund $250
    CrookedFingers
    I own this amp and I have had no troubles with it. The effects for the most part are pretty useless... but hey, you gotta buy a 120$ pedal to get it right anyhow. Its my practice/main/only amp and is basically too loud for my apartment. It is also completely silent until 2 or 3 and then it is instantly too loud(maybe I need high qual pots?)... I never get to "really" play it at its sweet spot (about 7). My SG 310 sounds ok on it, but its a 310 so its only OK anyhow, and my Casino sounds awesome until it starts screeching its guts out. My SG 61' reissue is coming this week, but incidentally Im getting a Crate VFX5212T too, so Ill update how the SG sounds on the solid state when I get the chance... assuming I dont get kicked out for sound violations ... Loud and Reliable!(the effects are worthless though IMHO)