GFX212 review by Crate

Crate: GFX212

I am using several Fender Strats that I own, with this amp. I play classic rock and Blues and IMO, this amp seems to be very suited to what I play. The effects however, can be overpowering if not adjusted properly, especially the Chorus and Reverb. As I mentioned earlier, there are 2 Gain channels on this, one which is for Blues and Classic rock and the other which is full out balls to the wall, Metal distortion, and is IMO, the best that I've ever heard on any SS amp ever! This surpasses Marshall's MG's and Fender's Frontman and FM series of amps IMO. The clean channel on this amp, will not break up at higher volumes which is great, and it sounds awesome with the Chorus.

I've been playing for over 37 years and this was a true bargain for the price. If I ever come across another one, I'm definately scooping it up. I just got rid of one of Fender's overrated Frontman 65 amps which I had for 10 months. Reason being? I got it brand new last year and the damm thing blew up on me. Never again will I buy another Chinese made amp. These old Crates are USA made and are very underrated. I'm hooked on these and as I said, whether it's a 65 or 120 watt one, if it's American made, I'm buying it.

I only paid $90.00 for this because of cosmetic issues, mainly a broken handle, which I just ordered from E-Bay for 7 bucks. Plus there wasn't a footswitch, which I had available at home, so that wasn't no big deal. These are like Peaveys due to the fact that they're built like tanks. I've already used it at a gig and have gotten compliments on how good it sounds. It's a keeper for sure!

I believe by looking at the serial number, that mine was made in 2001. It is American made, which is a good thing. It's a 2 channel, 3 if you count the 2 distortions that are included. It's a 120 watt, 2 12" speaker DSP effects included monster! The effects are Delay, Flange, Chorus, and Reverb. It has a line out jack and one for a extension speaker although with this much power, I really don't see why you would need an extra cabinet. It is solid state, which is what I personally prefer and is built like a tank. Mine came attached with a set of coasters, which was a welcomed plus because these weigh in at 50 lbs and at my age (51), anything that can make this easier to move around, is much appreciated. LOL!

snakes625
    the gain isnt that good, if there was more control and options for the gain, it would be better, but the shape adds more fuzz than needed, the clean setting works very very nicely, the effects are decent, though there isnt a Tap setting it takes away the usefulness of delay, and i really wouldnt consider recording, it may have its perks, but certainly not a great amp, its good but not great