GLX1200H review by Crate

Crate: GLX1200H

It has 16 different effects built in. This amp sounds great when I play my Gibson SG and my Takamine acoustic on it, I usually use my Line 6 Uber Metal distortion pedal with the SG.

Freakin sweet! It is so cool, in only a spin of a knob I can switch from wah to reverb to double sounds, or 14 other things in seconds, it's sick! I love the fact that I can have three guitars hooked up into this thing, it sounds so clear, this is perfect for my style of music, which I mentioned, is hard rock, classic rock, and some metal guitar.

Very reliable, it has a cover made of Tolex material that is real durable. I depend on this to stay nicely durable because the material is a material that I know of, and it is strong stuff. I would definitely use this amp on a gig without any backups, but to be safe and not sorry I probably would have one, but I wouldn't really depend on it. The amp has never failed or broken down, it is taken care of by yours truly, so I know for a fact it is going to be good, no great.

2005 Crate 120 WATT, very good, fits in with my style of music, which is hard rock, classic rock, some metal, and new age rock. Has three channels, which is perfect for jamming with my friends, doesn't have headphone jacks, which is okay with me, I don't mind it. Features included are DSP and Channel tracking. Came with a three button footswitch to change from listed effects "solo," "rhythm," and "clean." Featured in the front panel are: eletronic tuner, mute, input in the front, gain, shape level, low, mid, high, vol., DSP level, DSP mode, it lights up all the panel, and of course the power button.

leondb
    I'm really thinking of getting this Crate GLX Head. What kind of cab are you using with it?
    theguitarplayin
    LakeboDom
    theguitarplayin wrote: yea its all about that cab. if you have a 100wRMS cab itll sound like shit. so you need at least a 150.
    yeah im buying my first half stack and im going with this head. All i know is that you have to match the ohms of the head and cab. The head is wired at 4 ohms but whats RMS? because i found a cab with at least 150RMS but it doesnt say ohms???? confused...help!
    mrnurse2u
    RMS-Acronym for Root Mean Square. RMS is the process used to determine the average power output of the speakers over a long period of time. RMS is derived from an equation which produces the most mathematically accurate measure of a speaker's power output. The RMS value is often seen listed as "watts RMS" on product packaging. The alternative to RMS is PMPO (peak momentary power output) which represents peak output measured in microseconds rather than over a long period of time.
    Atreyu154
    I play a GLX1200H and I'm using a G412ST single 4x12 cab and it sounds pretty awsome.. the G412ST is also a 120 watts same as the head if your curious.
    Kim-Petersen
    I just ordered that head with a G412SL Cab and i expect to use it as one hell of a guitar amp and my Stereo system im so exited.
    saitenslayer
    i got this and a cab for 400 used at a music shop in PA and is an awesome amp,very chunky sound and diversible for anything