GLX1200H review by Crate

Crate: GLX1200H

Purchased from: Guy on craigslist

I play an Ibanez RG570 HSH config with this amp. Mostly I play metal and rock. The amp is fairly quiet when not playing. the clean sounds ok. If you adjust the low, mid, and high knobs you can get twangy jazz sounds or deep full bass sounds, the rhythm channel has a nice crunch sound that can be dialed up to an ozzy or early Metallica sound, the solo channel has a lot of distortion, and if you scoop the mids, it can do any death metal out there, You won't need a distortion pedal with this amp. the effects sound better than I thought, The effects level knob if under 2 oclock on the dial sounds good, past that there are odd funny noises you hear with the effects. I have an ART multiverb that I use through the effects loop. this automatically shuts off the heads effects. My rack unit through the loop sound very good, and no funny or odd sounds with the effects.

This amp is very suited for rock or metal, the tone knobs change the tone/sound alot. I imagine it would be suitable for country, blues, death metal, or other genres. If stolen or lost I would get this amp again. these are priced very low, but sound good, I like the distortion and the effects, and the fact that it still has an external loop. This is no Marshall or mesa. But for the low cost it sounds damn good. The cabinet I'm using isn't the original, It's a cabinet from the Crate gt series. I don't know if that makes a difference or not in the sound.

Lets see, Reliability and Durability, It seems sturdy, and with no glass tubes inside, it should last awhile. It's probably a few years old and looks like Brand New. I don't gig, but if I did I would have a backup just in case. I would do this with any amp though.

Not sure what year this was made in, looks fairly new. This has 3 channels that covers clean sounds through blues up to metal and death metal.It has a shape knob on the solo channel that scoops the mids and makes a very heavy distortion sound. There's a knob with 16 digital effects that sounds decent. and a knob for effects level. it also has an effects loop on the back of the head, and a built in guitar tuner. there is a mute button that silences the amp if you only want to use the tuner.

chouchen
    i like this amp beacuse its really goo d for all types of music. ive had it for a couple months i got it off slmgateway. jit is really good for gigginf and to impress ppl get two cabs and make a full stack.