GLX212 review by Crate

Crate: GLX212

Purchased from: Guitar Center - Indy

Well I didn't buy it for the features, I bought it for the sound. I couldn't find any other amp that was better in my opinion for that price. I tried some Marshalls around the same price and didn't like them. The distortion is great and has 2 channels. The solo channel gives you more of a Mesa Rectifier distortion. The shaping gives you great versitility. And in the Rhythym channel, you have a lighter more mellow distortion which is great for classic rock kind of distortion. The distortion is what sold me the amp. And the clean channel is awesome too. Well I have a cheaper guitar as of now, so I get a little hum. And I haven't had it all the way up so sorry I can't tell you if it breaks up or not. But I've talked to ppl who've purchased this and they say it doesn't break up. And I play stuff like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Zeppelin (every now and then), Blink 182, Godsmack, P.O.D., and Red Hot Chili Peppers. This amp works for it all.

I love this amp. It's a great value also. And if your looking at the 4hundred dollar GLX below it that is the same except lower watts, I'd recommend saving up and getting the GLX212 instead. Because the 2 12inch speakers give out a little more clear sound when you get the amp up in the 5's and 6's (volume notches). And it's definitely a gigable amp. And if you feel the need for some more power, go buy a cab, this amp has an out jack. Once again, your not gonna find any other better amps in this price range. I chose it because of the great distortion and value. And if someone stole it I wouldn't hesitate to go buy another. So I'd definitely go try one. And if your wondering if you should buy it, as Nike says "just do it".

The durability is great. The footswitch holds together great. I'd feel confident with taking this to a gig w/o a back up. It's never broken down on me. And it holds together nicely. It is a tank.

This amp has great features. I no longer need my tuner. The illumination is pretty cool also. It's got an Out jack, 2 12inch speakers which are always nice. Footswitchable channels!!! Effects loop also. And the multi effects aren't bad for effects built into the amp. I'd prefer my delay, cause there's has no parimeters, and obviously a controllable wah. But this amp has great features.