GLX212 review by Crate

Crate: GLX212

Purchased from: The Music Shoppe

As I mentioned I use a Mexican Telecaster, I play play mostly with my selector in the bridge position (hey, that's how I like it), and it can match up to whatever musical style I push through those 12" speakers. It has incredible low end and palm muting on the rhythm channel at 6 is enough to make my drummer complain about testicular vibrations. I only use Planet Waves cables when I play, and because of that I have absolutely no noise problems (I swear by then, and will use nothing else). I love the two distortion tones, they are incredibly versatile, and switch frequently, depending on the song, and my mood; the clean channel gets loud enough to bag-punch you from behind, and hold out even as the volume rises.

Suits my playing, suits my guitar, suits my abusiveness, and no matter what I compared it to, I just couldn't find anything I liked this much, at least not under $1000. If it were stolen, I wouldn't simply replace it, I would find out who stole it and ensure they never walked again, then replace it. I love it, straight up.

This thing is beefy. There's just no two ways about it, and using Boss pedals, and knowing their reliability, I've developed a tendency to be rather violent when switching channels, and I give'er s--t when I stomp my buttons. My pedal has been thrown across the room; had me drop off speakers onto it to switch channels, and she's still going strong with no signs of slowing.

Made: 2004 (last year they were made in USA). Styles played: everything from emo to grunge to punk to blues, you name it, I play it with this amp. Channels: 3/4 (lead/rhythm/clean/EFX). Honestly, for the price and what you get with this amp, it is the best amp I have ever owned. I love the EFX channel 'cause I am a very minimalist type player when it comes to FX, and it provides me with a small sampling without having to buy a slew of pedals. The 120 watts of power sound great, with plenty o'volume to go around (I'm the guy who always needs to turn down). I play with a Mexican Standard Tele and I adore how it comes through, plus my band has arranged a minor backline sponsorship with a local music shop, so we can use cabs whenever needed, I can't wait to hear this amp with 6x12's. One of my favourite features though is the tuner/mute button combo, goodbye Dano Tuner, goodbye TU-2.

Metalocalypse09
    oh yeah... definitly. this thing has an obscene crunch to it (especially on the solo channel). VERY good for metal. and its black with a red glow. \m/ METAL \m/
    rockdude375
    iv just bought this lol....these reviews fill me will a great confidence...and i only got it for 149
    RHCPROCK!
    where did you get it for 149 !??? i'm looking for a new amp because i still have my first one which is completly s**t and this amp sounds amazing, especialy if you got it for 149
    General Fox
    Got one and I'm pretty satisfied with it. Only problem is you can't tweak the effects, only their level. Still like Line 6's Spider distortion better, but Crate's still has a pretty nasty bite.