GLX212 review by Crate

Crate: GLX212

Purchased from: Pianos 'N Stuff

I use the epic ESP 1000 series M, EC, and MH FR, all with EMG pups, again it's a great amp for metal, it is rather noisy with a buzzing noise when the volume is a little cranked but you can fix this easily by getting a noise gate pedal. This amp can do many effects such as Flange, Wah, and Reverb.

Perfect amp for metal, if you see one, BUY IT. I have been playing for years and have not found a better amp made by the lesser known companies. If it were stolen, lost, broken, etc. I would claw my way through the burning nine circles of hell with nothing but a toothpick to get another one. What do I love? EVERYTHING except 1 thing. What I hate: IT'S LIKE 400 POUNDS. My favorite feature is that IT LIGHTS UP, YES I am A VERY SIMPLE PERSON AMMUSED BY SUCH THINGS. I compared it with the stuff around it's price range which was like 200$, the Fender Mustang II, Vox VT20+, and like 4 others but no other amp was as good a deal as this. Anything you wish you had? Yeah, stop reading this and go get me a beer for writing this review.

Yeah you can depend on it, I would use a backup because it is getting a bit old but if you got a fresh brand new one, I wouldn't. Never broken and never needed repairs. There really is like nothing else to say, it's good in these terms, that's pretty much it.

Not sure what year this was made in but I think recently as an employee told me they went as fast as they came not long ago, so maybe 2007 on. This amp is PERFECTO for metal, 3 channels, Clean, Rythm, and solo which is like rythm but it sounds like it boosts the mids and gives a little clearer sharper tone. You have to use these crappy little buttons to Switch channels but god answered my prayers and it came with a footswitch. There is a sort of fourth channel that allows you to use 16 effects that you can turn off whenever but it's just too fun to use so you won't. What do I wish it had? I would like to have the traditional Gain, bass, mid, treble, volume setup, but you catch on how to use this amp pretty quickly. I use this amp from Park sized venues to my tiny room, the 120 watts ooze the power of this amp.