GLX65 review by Crate

Crate: GLX65

Purchased from: Music Emporium - Altoona, PA

When I was using my Strat, for some reason it got all distorted and weird when it was around 7 or 8. When I got my Jackson Dinky, that was no longer a problem. It sounded great. It suits my musical style perfectly, but only after I got a guitar with a humbucker. I never tried increasing the volume on the Clean channel because almost everything I play needs to be distorted. This is definitely a good sounding amp.

I have been playing for around 3 months, and I use a Jackson Dinky. As I have said before, this amp is perfect for nu-metal and classic rock. If my amp were stolen, after I have cried for 10 minutes, I would definitely go buy it again. I love all the effects and it's durability. I reccomend this amp to everyone.

Thankfully, this amp has never broken down and it doesn't seem like it will. This amp hasn't failed me yet. I plan on using it on a gig without a backup because I honestly can't afford a backup. My bank account was pretty much empty after I got this amp (I'm only 13). I have to transport the amp from one place to another quite frequently necause I use it with my band and for practice purposes as well. This is a very reliable amp.

This amp is packed with features. It has 3 channels: solo, rhythm, and clean. The distortion on the solo and rhythm channels is very customizable. It replaced my metal zone as my primary distortion. It has 16 effects, most of which are forms of delay effects, which is okay with me, but I would have liked to see a phaser effect built in to this amp. This amp is great for the style of music I play. I play classic rock and nu-metal. For features, this amp is stacked.

1h81337
    this amp's distorted tone is so horrible, way too digital... i do like the cleans though
    apbell52
    yea, i agree with the distortion.. i mainly use the clean and the rhythem channel. Great practice amp though
    apbell52
    oh, and i also just use a Boss DS-1 pedal for distortion with this amp... doesnt sound bad