GT1200H review by Crate

Crate: GT1200H

Purchased from: Portman's Music Superstore

Sounds good with both humbuckers and single-coils. Strat-styled guitars sound a lot better on this than on a lot of other amps. Jazz/Hollow-bodies sound excellent on the thing. Really brings out the bass in its tone. Clean stayes clean up to about 75% then starts to get a little fuzzy. Distortion is alright, but I wouldn't recommend this to a Metal guitarist. However, it's good for the one looking to get Jimi's distortion levels.

I play mostly jazz/funk/rock fusion. Best head I've found that gets me the sounds I wanted. Been playing close to three years, totally self-taught. If I lost it, I'd buy another one, but maybe a diffferent year (I'd get the most recent release). Great step-up from my Frontman 15 watt amp. I do wish it had more power, but it is excellent for the price I paid.

Built like a tank. Plain and simple. Always works. I never have to worry about it blowing up or freezing. Been dropped a couple of times and hasn't quit working once. Excellent construction. Only problem I've had is the plastic nut for the input jack cracked so I replaced it with a metal one. Other than that, it's perfect.

I bought the 2006 model. It has 3 channels, clean, rhythm and solo. The head came with a 3-way channel foot-Switch which saves lives! 120 watts, good for medium sized gigs and excellent for practice at home. Solid-state head with stereo auxilary inputs and an insert for special Crate external effect processors.