GT1200H review by Crate

Crate: GT1200H

Purchased from: musicans friend

I am using a Dean evo, Fender strat, pickups are good from single coiled to humbuckers. It suits my style of rocking well. With the reverb all the way up it is noisy in any enviroment. The sound ranges from metal to acoustic. The clean channel stays clean from the lowest volume to the highest one in any settings. The distortion is brutal enough for Metallica but not quite enough for disturbed.

As I've mentioned this amp is a good match for Metallica, elvis, and Brand New. I have been playing for 2 1/2 years. If it were to be lost or stolen I would by a Marshall, because I feel they have a better sound. It is a good beginer half stack, but compared to others such as Marshall and Mesa-Boogie it falls a little short.

Considering I have no backup and it has never given out on me yet I would depend on the amp in a gig. The only tip needed in maintaning this amp is not to leave it in a vehical parked in the sun for any substancial amount of time or the casing will crack around the screws.

This amp is versityle enough for every style of music I have been influenced to play, from Metallica to elvis to Brand New. It has three channels with three channels foot Switch and reverb. It also has an effects loop. The only feacture that could compliment this amp would be a master volume. That way when I wanted a higher volume I wouldn't have to change every channel to get it. The only feature that I don't use in context would be the rythme channel I use it as a mute channel. I rock this amp in my bedroom, at practice, and outside, with enough power for all to hear.