GT1200H review by Crate

Crate: GT1200H

Purchased from: Craigslist ad

I use a ESP LTD EX-260 with lh-301 pickups. Solo has a good pound sound for metallica sound. The distortion is better than none. It can be good for anywhere from metallica to black sabbath. Variety is better then most solid states amps competitors. It can get loud. Manual says 110db with solo channel and all settings at 10 while clean is 54db with all settings on 10. (Don't remember rhythm db max) Has slm electronic speakers in it and do sound good with a good setting.

I play death metal and I use it as a power amp with all my effects coming from a DigiTech gnx 4 guitar workstation. All my guitars sound good with the Crate gt412sl/ which I added a Marshall mg412b later on to the half stack into a full stack. My 2008 ESP LTD EX-260 explorer sounds Killer for Slayer live covers. My 1997 B.C.Rich Frankenstein Warlock (platinum series) sounds Killer for death metal and clean. And my 2006 ESP LTD JH-600 electric guitar kills this amp in the sound department. I would recommend this half stack as a upgrade because Crate in my opinion is a good amp company for the price and the speakers are good for the "sound quest" setting for your desire. I reach my sound desire with the volume up a lil and my pedal. Make sure you use A speaker cable as a instrument cable can burn out the amp since its shielded cable.( my preference is Planet Waves Speaker cable) I would buy this amp again. Had this amp a Crate g212combo and a Dean practice and Crate have been good for me sound and price wise.

The spring reverb stop working when coming back from a Jam session with my cousins that live 2 hours away but the highway had lot of potholes and it was like 10th trip I think? I would always have a backup as a preference because of more a professional do so.

120 watts solid state. Three channels( solo, rhythm, clean.) Clean has the following eq: volume, Low, Mid, High, Reverb. Solo has a Gain and Shape and Level with the low, mid, high for both solo and rhythm while rhythm has different gain and volume knobs. Has cd input. In the back theirs the fuse, insert( for effects loop) speaker output(40hm minimum) two plugs for the foot Switch one for reverb other for solo and rhythm. Loud enough for me! The cabinet is A Crate gt412sl cabinet(8 ohms).