GT15 review by Crate

Crate: GT15

Great. No noise at all, just the guitar. I can plug my keyboard or drum machine into it, and there is still no interference. It can do heavy metal or rock, or even Mozart if it had to. clean channel sounds acoustic. It's nice. I use an Epiphone G15 SG and a Washburn X series and it sounds awesome. The overdrive on the amp is the worst distortion I've ever heard. It's not bad, it's just not distortion. I am a fan of crisp, metal distortion. But it's great for solos and stuff. I'd stick with a pedal on the distortion though. Overall nice sound.

I play classic rock and some rock like gnr, and this is a great amp for it. If this was stolen, I'd by another one, but with reverb. That's the only thing I wish it had. it's a rugged monster that can be used for practice or gigs. I compared it to a Marshall and older Crate and it easily blows them both out. I took it right out of the box and it was perfect. Great amp. I'm out of things to say. but this will stay with my guitar forever. No doubt.

Hard plastic, with a cloth grill cover. I'd use it in 1000 gigs without a backup. I'd have not thought att all that it would stop working. At 15 pounds, it's the most sturdy amp I've ever had. The connections to the speaker look fragile, but that's fine. I've tried to use a plier to get the knobs off, but I cant. Its plastic like metal.

Nice practice amp with a little bit for everything. It's got 3 equalization knobs: low, mid, and high. It's got a gain and level control as well, for the "solo" channel. It also has a clean volume knob. Its two channels, clean and solo (as mentioned above), deliver some great sound with nearly no interfearence. It's also got another cool feature: a CD jack. I plugged my CD player in it and boy was it loud! However, there is no volume control for the CD player jack. It's one volume is very loud. It's got an external speaker and headphone jack as well as a standard 1/4 audio guitar jack. 15 watts of power sounds like my friends Marshall halfstack. It's pretty loud.

High_o
    you use a 15 watt ss amp for gigs? must be a pretty small room with a bloody quiet drummer
    Vrstone87
    Chyea, good luck trying to hear it over a drummer even with pillows stuffed in the bass drum
    Vrstone87
    and oh ya, I have a newer model Crate GX-15 and can speak for the fact that they aren't that loud anyways...
    SkyValley
    The distortion really does sound like shit but for 70 bucks it's not all that bad.
    Wolfs_Hour
    i have this amp..it served me well..but its only for begginers who are just starting out..i upgraded to Peavey later on because i needed more gain etc etc..this amp is not bad just its only great for begginers id say
    danielrobbyshor wrote: crate suck
    I agree, bout to buy a Peavy Bandit 112
    Deathovdishonor
    danielrobbyshor wrote: crate suck I agree, bout to buy a Peavy Bandit 112
    I disagree I have a GfX 15 And I Love that shit
    Abandoned67
    I have to disagree with everyone here, that amp gets really loud. Im deffinitly not saying that it sounds that great loud but it still goes loud, people have to remember that half the sound you get out of your amp comes from your picups on your guitar.